Location: WFH – Toronto
Contract Duration: 4 months
Your Business Line: Responsible for the operations engineering required to provide highly available and resilient systems. Responsible for providing critical data platform services, following SRE and data governance best practices, as well as consulting and coordinating with the Bank’s technology teams to meet business expectations.
Story Behind the Need
• Project Summary : You will be responsible for the analysis, design, technical administration, performance tuning and support of the database environment, supporting applications and development efforts.
Deliverables: The bank is migrating one of their CARDs systems by a certain time, and we need to facilitate and support the migration for data warehousing.
• Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
• You will partner with the Engineering team and Operations team to deliver a high-quality product by designing databases, provide support and administration on a multi-platform environment (DB2 LUW with DPF, MS SQL Server, IIAS).
• You will be responsible for database architecture, data integrity, database turning and development.
• You will manage DB2, IIAS, and SQL server databases including loading, maintaining and auditing data, and managing access permissions to databases up to the field level.
• You will write database documentation including data standards, procedures, data models, data flow diagrams, etc. This includes designing and implementing database security standards.
• You will develop and maintain ongoing performance trend reporting as necessary, while adhering to organizational policies, processes and procedures.
• You will create and implement scripts and programs for maintenance tasks; plan and implement upgrades as required; design and implement policies and procedures for disaster recovery and data archiving to ensure integrity of data by performing periodic DR testing.
• You will work with developers to create and optimize database views and query statements; and develop scripts to migrate database from one version to the next.
• You will improve database efficiency by identifying current inefficiencies, including stored procedures and execution time and implement efficiency improvements.
• You will provide after hours on call support.
• Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
• Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas in accordance with bank’s Values, its Code of Conduct and the Sales Principles, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational, compliance, AML/ATF/sanctions and conduct risk.
• Champions a high performance environment and contributes to an inclusive work environment.
Qualification of Must have Skills:
1. Must have at least 5 years of experience with DB2 LUW with DPF
2. Experience with Unix and Linux Windows
3. At least 5 years of experience with MS SQL Server
4. At least 3-5 years of prior hands on work experience with Unix and Unix Scripting skills
5. Ability to write SQL coding
6. Ability to work independently, be analytical. Should be able to receive a high level description of their daily tasks and/or projects and utilize their resources to successful complete their tasks. Looking for someone who does not need to be micromanaged, can keep up with the teams expectations of delivery.
Nice to Have:
1. AIX Experience
2. Experience with IIAS
3. Experience with SQL Server stored procedures
4. Familiar with ITIL process and procedures
Post Secondary Education