Location Address: Toronto, WFH
Contract Duration: 3 months + extension
Story Behind the Need
Business group: Business group falls within the revolving credit and data management team. For this team specifically, only DBA team that manages Db2 systems and mainframe IBM data platform.
Candidate Value Proposition: Opportunity to work with leading DBA's in the industry and lead expert in the industry. Possibly of extension for top performers.
Typical Day in Role:
– Provide DB2 Administrative services to application development team.
– Design/develop/test/support DB2 LUW database.
– Plan, design, develop, test, and support database systems.
– Perform regular database work and maintenance, such as storage management, import, export, load, access control, etc.
– Provide technical analysis and recommendations.
– Performance tuning and trouble shooting.
– Write scripts and enhance performance.
– Strong knowledge of SQL.
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1) 7+ years of technical working experience as a DB2 LUW DBA supporting development/QA/non-functional testing/production environments within the Financial Industries.
2) 7 + years Hands on Experience of DB2 HADR
3) 7 + years SQL Program Language Experience – as team also does development work
4) Strong communication skills (both oral and written)
5) Excellent Presentation Skills – able to translate technical standards/practices to customer.
6) Desire to keep up with new technology innovations
1) Certification on latest database technologies
Soft Skills Required:
1) Able to work individually and as a team
2) Coordination Skills
Degrees: · Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required.