Data Strategist – level 2
The Data Strategist role sits in partnership with Global Analytics and Digital Marketing Acquisition team. In this role, you will partner with the Digital Marketing team to understand their business problems, build audience segmentations and analytics solutions, and present results of the campaigns and deep dive analysis. You will act as a SME and build data assets and target audiences to help solve business problems. This role is a mix of strong technical understanding and business acumen.
Typical Day in Role:
o Project Work
– Collaborate with Digital Marketing and other stakeholders to understand the business problems, build customer segmentations and reporting suits, etc.
– Define the scope of projects by gathering business requirements, creating technical requirements, timeliness, project scope, etc.
– Deliver analytical outputs (new data sets, dashboards, actionable insights, root cause analysis, deep dive analytics) that will help support business growth and development.
– Create supporting artifacts, such as project plans, documentation, data lineage, metadata, data dictionary, etc.
– Present analytical outputs, communicate findings, provide recommendations for actionable insights, etc. to business partners and key stakeholders.
– Act as a SME with our Digital Marketing partners and other key stakeholders
– Collaborate with other Data, Technology, and Analytics partners
– Proactively suggest project ideas, data process improvements, opportunities, etc. that support both business and analytics teams
– Promote Data Literacy with partners and key stakeholders to raise the collective understanding of data, tools, etc. available to them
– Champion data driven decision making
– Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
– Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas in accordance with our Values, Code of Conduct and the Global Sales Principles, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational, compliance, AML/ATF/sanctions and conduct risk.
– Champion a high-performance environment and contribute to an inclusive work environment.
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1) 3+ years’ End to End Analytics Experience (see additional notes)
2) 2+ years’ Experience in querying and working with large data sets, ideally within an Enterprise Data Lake or Enterprise Data Warehouse
3) 2+ years hands-on experience with common analytical languages eg. SQL
4) 2+ years’ Data Visualization Experience: for example, Tableau, PowerBI, etc.
1) Digital marketing experience OR Digital marketing analytics experience to showcase understanding of industry – highly preferred
2) Experience with Big Data Ecosystem tools eg. Hadoop, Spark, Sqoop
3) Analytics experience in Banking/Financial Services a strong asset
4) Project Tracking Software experience eg. Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket
Soft Skills Required:
• Strong communication skills (oral and written) to be able to converse with non-technical stakeholders
• Ability to manage multiple projects at a time, from planning, coordination and development, and delivery
University Education in Business, Computer Science, Computer/Software Engineering, Mathematics, or equivalent experience