POSITION: Data Scientist/ Modeler – 31848-1
START DATE: ASAP
DURATION: 12 months
At our company, we have been helping our customers and communities for over 190 years. Working with us means being part of a team of talented, passionate individuals with a shared focus on working together to deliver great customer experiences. We stand behind your success with the support you need to turn your potential into performance.
Client's Financial Group is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By embracing diversity, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. The PCG Analytics team is accountable to deliver relevant, high quality and actionable insights to Client's Wealth businesses, support Wealth LOBs strategy and marketing initiatives. This role will be responsible to support Bank's Harris Private Banking using a full spectrum of activities from data extraction, manipulation and transformation to analysis, insights and recommendations..
This position will be less centered around modelling building and more about understanding customer data and how it reflects both the Bank system/processes and the customer behavior.
• very open concept, small group
EVP (Employee Value proposition):
• Opportunity on development
• Can directly impact Client's Customers in an Enterprise level
• Working with various groups within Client
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE (but are not limited to):
The Sr. Modeling Analyst, Customer Analytics and Modeling, will:
· Develop models predictive of customer behaviour in support of the Bank’s marketing efforts to put the right offer in front of the right customer at the right time
· Use statistical and data mining techniques to build and maintain superior customer behavior models and segmentation schemas.
· Ensure models are accurate and supported with reliable data.
· Communicate and manage issues surrounding the development and validity of models.
· Coordination with various groups for key inputs into models.
· Extract, manipulate and analyze data from a variety of sources (Mainframe, Unix, flat files, etc), to formulate insightful conclusions, provide strategic recommendations, and inform management actions, both as part of routine customer-level product monitoring and in support of new initiatives.
· Understand customer data and how it reflects Bank systems/ processes and customer behaviour
· Understand Personal and Commercial retail issues from a variety of perspectives: the business reality and needs, the technical systems environment and the optimum application of data mining techniques to solve these issues.
· Effectively communicate complex concepts and results to a broad group of Bank's Financial Group stakeholders who are not familiar with detailed data mining methodology
TOP SKILLS / EXPERIENCE:
• SAS user
• Python expert
• Has built marketing models (product cross sell, customer attrition,…)
• Able to present models to non-technical people
• Experienced at automating and production of the model building process
• Innovative and willing to try/test new modelling techniques
NICE TO HAVE SKILLS/EXPERIENCE:
• A passion for bringing advanced analytics to inform marketing decisions.
• Flexibility and resourcefulness to interface and collaborate with internal and external groups
• Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
• Investigative skills
• Problem solving skills
• Team building and interpersonal skills
• Advanced University degree in an analytical discipline such as Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, Operations Research or Engineering