Job Title: Data scientist/ Modeler
Duration: 6 Months
Location: Toronto, ON
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE (but are not limited to):
The Sr. Modeling Analyst, Customer Analytics and Modeling, will:
· Develop models predictive of customer behavior in support of the Bank’s marketing efforts to put the right offer in front of the right customer at the right time
· Use statistical and data mining techniques to build and maintain superior customer behavior models and segmentation schemas.
· Ensure models are accurate and supported with reliable data.
· Communicate and manage issues surrounding the development and validity of models.
· Coordination with various groups for key inputs into models.
· Extract, manipulate and analyze data from a variety of sources (Mainframe, Unix, flat files, etc.), to formulate insightful conclusions, provide strategic recommendations, and inform management actions, both as part of routine customer-level product monitoring and in support of new initiatives.
· Understand customer data and how it reflects Bank systems/ processes and customer behavior
· Understand Personal and Commercial retail issues from a variety of perspectives: the business reality and needs, the technical systems environment and the optimum application of data mining techniques to solve these issues.
· Effectively communicate complex concepts and results to a broad group of client’s Financial Group stakeholders who are not familiar with detailed data mining methodology
TOP SKILLS / EXPERIENCE:
• SAS user (we don’t do R, Python for now)
• Python experience as well.
• Has built marketing models (product cross sell, customer attrition etc.)
• Someone who can present model to non-technical people
• Someone who was good at automating and production of the model building process
• Someone who can innovate and try/test new modelling techniques
NICE TO HAVE SKILLS/EXPERIENCE:
• A passion for bringing advanced analytics to inform marketing decisions.
• Flexibility and resourcefulness to interface and collaborate with internal and external groups
• Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
• Investigative skills
• Problem solving skills
• Team building and interpersonal skills
• Advanced University degree in an analytical discipline such as Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, Operations Research or Engineering