Data Governance Manager
Typical Day in Role:
• Policy Development: Create data governance policies and guidelines that define data ownership, data quality standards, data access controls, data retention, and data privacy requirements. Ensure these policies are effectively communicated and adhered to across the organization.
• Implement processes and tools to monitor and improve the quality of customer data in the CDP. This includes defining data quality metrics, conducting data audits, resolving data quality issues, and collaborating with relevant stakeholders to address data discrepancies.
• Stay updated with data protection laws and regulations (such as bill 64 Privacy by default ns) and ensure compliance within the Adobe CDP. Implement data privacy measures, such as obtaining necessary consents, managing data subject requests, and conducting privacy impact assessments.
• Collaborate with business stakeholders to establish clear data governance roles and responsibilities. Provide guidance on data classification, and data access controls to protect sensitive information.
• Define and implement processes for data lifecycle management, including data ingestion, storage, archival, and deletion. Ensure appropriate data retention policies are in place and followed.
• Data Documentation and Metadata Management: Establish data documentation standards and processes to capture metadata (e.g., data lineage, data definitions, data mappings) for customer data within the CDP. Maintain a comprehensive inventory of data assets and their associated metadata.
• Work closely with cross-functional teams, including IT, legal, compliance, marketing, and analytics, to ensure alignment with data governance initiatives. Communicate effectively with stakeholders at various levels of the organization to drive data governance adoption and advocate for best practices.
• Design and maintain the XDM schema data modeling according to the business use cases on the AEP.
Candidate Requirements/Must-Have skills:
1. 5+ years of proven experience as Data Governance or similar role.
2. 1+ years of previous experience on documenting Data Lineage, Metadata and related Data Governance assets via Data Cataloging tool or platform.
3. 1+ years of prior experience in establishing Data Quality controls & Data Quality Issue management workflow or participated in resolution of Data Quality issues.
4. 1+ years of experience in creating & maintaining Data Governance documentation such as Domain Charter, Data Policy, Standards and Procedures.
5. 1+ year hands-on experiences on Adobe Experience Platform (AEP), Adobe Journey Optimizer Operation (AJO) and XDM Schema Design and Data Modeling.
6. 1+ years of experience with modern data governance tools (e.g. Collibra preferred) and technologies.
• Certificate in data management or data governance is an advantage.
• Certification in Collibra is an advantage.
• Background in Data Science/Data Governance within the Banking/Financial industry.
• Excellent written, presentation, and verbal communication skills to be able to work well with technical peers and business stakeholders at different levels within the organization.
• Strong decision making, forward thinking and creative problem-solving skills to anticipate and respond quickly to technological/market influences.
• Ability to work as part of a team, as well as work independently or with minimal direction.
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in in Computer Science, Engineering, or relevant field.