Data Engineer – Python
Location: WFH – Toronto
Reason for request:
Approved staff augmentation to support audit in the AML remediation work.
Duration: Until October 31st (end of fiscal year)
Your Business Line: We report to IT Audit for all IT aspects of the bank. We specifically do the analytics for all IT audit units within BNS
Story Behind the Need
• Project Summary : Support some of the AML initiatives with analytics with SQL Python and SAS work. Support various audits. Some are very simple SQL query reviews while others will require more analytics Looking for python experience, R language, and would be looking at some combination of SAS and SQL and perhaps Spark and Hadoop
– Coding in Python by supporting AML auditors. Data transformation, dashboard, data manipulation, natural languages processing, etc
– Daily team meetings
– Part of a core team
– In AML projects, 2-5 at a time, some projects will be on their own, others with team members. A lot of collaboration at times as well as a self starter, self motivated.
– We need someone who can sit down and get it done.
– Follow directions and business context.
Qualifications/Must Have skills:
1. 2-5 years experience with Python coding OR R language experience. (python is a must)
2. 2+ years of experience with SQL
3. 1-3 years of SAS
Nice to have:
1. Experience with Spark and/Hadoop
2. Prior FI or Banking experience – not a big deal.
Candidate Review & Selection Process:
1 round 30-minute interview with Director, Data Analytics, and team members, MS teams link
– Python coding experience is required. The successful candidate is someone comfortable performing different tasks, including coding, with Python.
– NOTE: HR is NOT looking for an auditor, experience with audit OR IT audit is not a plus or requirement