Data Engineer- Python/ Spark/ Pyspark/ SAS
Typical Day in Role
• Translate the SAS programs to PySpark & Python in Cloud platform.
• Research & QC data, understand source data process and determine the best data to use for specific business requirement.
• Build programs and optimize the pipelines to clean & process data for analyses.
• Build re-usable managed datasets for CBA stakeholders.
• Document existing processes and workflows, and look for opportunities to optimize and automate work stream
• Lead the adoption of visualization tool such as Power BI as the primary delivery method to enable user interaction and data exploration by business partners.
• Provide dynamic reporting on key performance metrics to various stakeholders in retail, small business, product lines, channels, other strategic groups, and external stakeholders.
• Act as the advocate of CB Analytics to showcase analytics solutions and dashboards that helps business partners to gain insight, build business cases and make fact-based decisions
• Effectively manage and prioritize multiple business initiatives, projects and ad-hoc analysis with business stakeholders and possible external partners.
• Collaborate with analytics peers and data infrastructure groups across the bank on data initiatives such as platform migration and new data source ingestion and requirements for projects
• Coach, assist and share knowledge and expertise to new and existing team members with varying degrees of technical and data expertise
• Learn new tools and technology to meet evolving business needs.
Candidate Requirements/Must-Have skills:
1) 7+ years of experience in data analytics or data scientist role
2) 3-5+ years Hands on experience (coding included) with Python
3) 3-5+ years Hands on experience with Spark & Pyspark with Big Data ecosystem tools (e.g. Hadoop, Hive) and data processing within the EDL for ‘big data’ data pipelines, architectures & data sets
4) 3-5+ years of experience with SAS
5) 3+ years of experience with SQL, Power BI/ visualization, Excel pivot table, MS-Visio and MS Office
Nice to Have Skills
• 2+ years’ experience of banking and financial services products, covering all business lines (day-to-day, borrowing, investing, insurance, wealth management, and small business)
• Experience with Git, Airflow, Docker, would be an asset
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills. Must be able to interpret and consolidate large amount of information in actionable recommendations
• Must be flexible to adapt to a dynamic environment and make quick and sound decisions under pressure
• Must be reliable, pro-active, results-oriented, customer-focused, and attentive to details
• Must possess excellent time management and organizational skills
• Strong communication skills and relationship building skills with internal partners
• Strong prioritizing, planning, analytical, requirement gathering and presentation skills
• Open to learn new tools and explore new ways of analyzing data and business performance
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, Statistics, Data Science or another quantitative field
• GCP certificate is a plus