Location Address: WFH – Toronto
Contract Duration: 1 year contract
Business Group: Part of international banking that works as the first line of defense, controlling all AML strategies and coordinating with Business lines to control any money laundering regulations, following up with AML Stream projects and provide reporting analytics and insights for these business lines and first line of defense as it relates to AML.
Story Behind the Need:
Purpose of Job: The group plays a critical role to control operations and projects around AML streams, which requires developing and maintain technical platforms and enterprise regulatory reporting applications to support AML functions for all IB business lines.
Its mission is to bring enterprise data from different data sources to support the performance of AML risk analytics using various technologies and to produce extracts in support corporate decision and AML MIS reporting functions within International Banking.
– Monitor file transmissions from various countries to our AML MIS Model.
– You will providing bug fixes with data and logic in the MIS mode.
– Proving solutions to connect the MIS model tables stored in Enterprise Data Lake to our Power BI reports.
-The Data Engineer will ensure system reliability, availability and continually maintain connection and data flow for data analytics can use data
– Ensure bugs are fixed and data functions within automation.
– Will be required to create data entry forms.
– As a technology expert on the team, you will have the opportunity to design, develop and implement applications using emerging technologies (e.g. Haddop, Hive, ETL,) understanding enterprise Data lake
– In addition, as a Data Engineer, you will be responsible for the support of multiple applications concurrently and must ensure high availability, integrity and reliability of critical risk systems that support the IB AML & Internal Control executive reporting.
– Ability to react quickly to assist in resolving technical problems, meet regulatory bank deadlines and implement systems will be required.
• Maintain, support, and enhance existing Business Intelligence solutions built-in Power BI Report Server/Powerbi Premium, SQL Server and Big Data Tools
• Design and build performance-oriented BI and ETL architectures for applications handling very large volumes of data from diverse data sources
• End-to-end testing of BI projects proofing data integrity, data consistency and optimal performance
• Compliance with organizational policies, procedures and IT Security regulations
• Analyze highly complex business requirements; generate technical specifications to design or redesign complex software components and applications
• Develop data entry portals (e.g. SharePoint, InfoPath, Web Applications, etc.)
• Act as an expert technical resource for modeling, simulation and analysis efforts
• Leverage industry best practices to design, test, implement and support a solution
• Assure quality security and compliance requirements are met for supported area
• Be flexible and thrive in an evolving environment
• Adapt to change quickly and adjust work accordingly in a positive manner
1. At least 3+ years of work experience developing with Hadoop, HIVE, Python, SQL, Sharepoint
2. Solid working experience of SQL Server, SSIS and SSAS. Experience with Tabular modelling with SSAS is a must
3. Hands-on experience in designing, developing and successful deployment of large-scale projects from end-to-end
4. Hands-on experience in following the iterative and agile SDLC
Nice to have:
1. Nice to have – development experience in ELT (Extraction, Load and Transformation)
2. Experience with public cloud solutions like AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud Platform
4. Data engineering certification an asset.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent. Strong communication skills and attention to detail