Location Address: WFH – Toronto
Contract Duration: at least 6 months
Story Behind the Need:
Summary: The main function of the Data Engineer is to develop, evaluate, test and maintain architectures and data solutions within our organization. The typical Data Engineer executes plans, policies, and practices that control, protect, deliver, and enhance the value of the organization’s data assets.
– Implementing and supporting data management initiatives across bank's International Banking footprint.
– As a seasoned Data Architect, you would have experience providing solutions for designing and building enterprise data warehouses and data hubs with best in class data governance capabilities and solutions.
– helping to build data pipelines and strategically training/ supporting other local teams on usability
– Design, construct, install, test and maintain highly scalable data management capabilities.
– Design, implement, automate and maintain large scale enterprise data ETL processes.
– Build high-performance algorithms, prototypes, predictive models and proof of concepts.
– You will be required on identifying International Banking data sources, mapping data flows, outlining data requirements and help with data model development for consolidation and reuse of high quality data.
Qualification of Must have Skills:
1. Spanish speaking is required
2. Experience with Cloud based technologies. – R, Python, Spark, Trino, JupiterHub and Airflow.
3. 5+ years experience working as an Data Engineer/Data Architect or similar background.
4. Proficiency with JSON, Hadoop and Hive and MinIO data structures
5. Data modelling and warehousing experience
6. Proficiency with relational databases (Oracle, DB2, SQL, etc.)
1, Ability to work as part of a team, as well as work independently or with minimal direction.
2. Excellent written, presentation, and verbal communication skills.
3. Collaborate with data architects, modelers and IT team members on project goals.
Nice to Have:
1. Experience with Data Stage and Information Analyzer would be an asset.
• Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required.
• Process certification, such as, Six Sigma, CBPP, BPM, ISO 20000, ITIL, CMMI.?