Data Center Migration Tech Lead/Engineer
Location Address: WFH – Office: Toronto
Contract Duration: 8 Months (until Oct 31)
Number of Positions: 1
Scheduled Hours: 9am-5pm (7.5 hours/day)
Extension: Possibility as there are projects available
Story Behind the Need:
• Technology Program Office is looking for a Cloud Engineering, who will play a critical part in the data center consolidation project to leverage virtual machine or physical machine migration solutions to move machines to new Private Cloud infrastructure.
Candidate Value Proposition:
• The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work with technical and business subject matter experts on this large, technically complex project and be able to expand on their experiences.
There will also be a possibility for extension and opportunity for conversion to FTE
Typical Day in Role:
• Work with migration team and project manager by following the developed data migration checklist to migrate VMware VMs from one datacenter to another
• Manage, transition, maintain Migration Solution (e.g. VMware HCX, Platespin etc.), also Private Cloud’s vary HCI solutions (like Dell VxRail, Dell Powerflex, Nutanix), vSphere Virtualization, vRealize Suite management components and backup solutions.
• Provide Level 3 support & vendor escalations for transitioned services of the migration project
• Contribute to implementation project planning and procedure improvement
Candidate Requirements/Must-Have skills:
1) 5+ years of data center physical or virtual machine migration experience by leveraging vary migration solutions
2) 5+ years of hands-on technical working experience with the architectural and/or deployment and/or operational support of VMware vSphere Hypervisor.
3) 5+ years of hands-on technical working experience with Microsoft Windows Server 2012/2016/2019 administration and/or Red Hat Linux administration 7.x/8.x.
• Working experience with the following:
o Machine backup (Cohesity and/or Veritas Netbackup (backup and replication)
o HCI solutions (like Dell vxRail and/or Powerflex and/or VMware vSAN, hyperconverged clusters or Nutanix HCI solution)
o VMware vRealize suite (including vRealize Automation, vRealize Operation Manager, vRealize Log Insight, etc…) and/or VMware Cloud Foundation
o Disaster recovery and enterprise data replication technology experience, like VMware Site Recovery Manager or other similar solution
• Hands-on technical working experience with Networking technologies and operational experience.
• You possess excellent communication (verbal/written/presentation) skills to both a business and technical audience.
• You also possess excellent customer relationship skills.
• Quick learner, persistent and able to adapt to changing situations
• Post-secondary education in Computer Science, Engineering or in a related technology-based stream.
Candidate Review & Selection
• 1st round interview – Technical (30 minutes to an hour)