Data Business Analyst
Typical Day in Role:
• Combination of Business Analyst and Data Analysis responsibilities
• Analyzes & acquires data from primary and secondary data sources – creating mapping specifications for use by development resources.
• Participate in detailed discovery of data from the source, mapping the data to the data model after thorough analysis.
• Determines operational objectives by studying business functions; gathering information; evaluating output requirements and formats.
• Build expertise in various data domains and take ownership of assigned data domains and be a single point of contact.
• Provide consolation and best practices for creation of Data and IT Governance process. Specifically looking for experience in process documentation and training.
• Performs data profiling, analyzes, and communicates results in support of data quality processes.
• Participates in knowledge transfer within the team and business units and identifies and recommend opportunities to enhance productivity, effectiveness, and operational efficiency of the business unit and/or team.
• Assesses, researches, analyzes, and documents project needs and outcomes by selecting the appropriate information gathering and/or modelling technique to elicit requirements.
• Participate in Sprint planning and estimation efforts to implement the user story.
Candidate Requirements/Must-Have skills:
1. 3-4+ years of Data Analyst experience – working knowledge of data components and have the ability to trace data elements at origination and as they move between systems including any transformations.
2. 2+ years of experience managing large structured and unstructured datasets across multiple data sources.
3. 2+ years of expert Data Mining, Analysis, Validation, Consolidation, and Reporting experience.
4. 1+ years of BI Reporting Tools and development of interactive dashboards experience (PowerBI Preferred).
5. Advanced skills using Excel spreadsheet for data management, calculations and data cleaning.
• Bilingual in Spanish is an asset.
• Previous experience in Wealth management (Asset Management, Trust, Private banking, Brokerage) and/or banking systems highly desirable.
• Ideally some hands-on experience in ETL work and knowledge of ETL tools.
• Understanding of querying databases using SQL, and familiarity with relational database concepts.
• Excellent written, presentation, and verbal communication skills to be able to work well with technical peers and cross functional teams.
• Highly analytical and results-oriented with an exceptional understanding of Data validations and ability to reconcile extremely large datasets.
• Ability to work as part of a team, as well as work independently or with minimal direction.
• Post-secondary degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related IT field is an asset.