Location Address: WFH – Toronto
Contract Duration: 12 months (Possibility for extension or Convert to FTE)
Story Behind the Need:
Project: The Data Architect will lead the integration of technical cybersecurity data into the department’s data warehouse and support the team in the automation and delivery of high-profile executive-level dashboards and reports. The Data Architect will play a key role in the collection, analysis, cleansing, modeling, integration, storage and maintenance of the data used in these dashboards and reports.
Candidate Value Proposition
The successful candidate will not only have the opportunity to gain valuable experience at a top 5 Canadian bank, but also have the opportunity to be extended or converted on permanently.
Typical Day in Role:
– Work with the team to define and document the business’ reporting requirements and the underlying data requirements.
– Research, collect and review potential data sources and assess data quality. Make recommendations for enhancements to systems of record to improve accuracy of source data.
– Define data acquisition and data transformation processes to satisfy reporting requirements.
– Proactively seek opportunities to automate the most time and resource intensive processes related to data collection, validation, transformation, etc. to optimize the production and delivery of dashboards/reports.
– Design, build and maintain conceptual, logical and physical data models to support reporting requirements.
– Define, document and maintain data standards, definitions, and models (e.g. data dictionary, data models).
– Incorporate data governance and access control into database design and data models.
– Serve as a subject matter expert relating to data analysis and data management. Help investigate and diagnose data-related issues and ensure problems and defects are resolved in a timely manner.
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1) Minimum 5 years of data analysis, data modeling and data architecture experience, particularly on Data Warehouse projects
2) Minimum 5 years of hands-on experience with data modeling tools (e.g., Erwin Data Modeler) as well as ETL and BI tools from Microsoft’s BI stack (SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, and Power BI Server).
3) 3+ years of advanced knowledge and experience with SQL and scripting languages such as PowerShell
4) Comprehensive knowledge of relational and dimensional data modeling practices and implementation techniques. Experience designing and developing database objects (tables, views, stored procedures). – 3+ years of experience
5) Advanced data manipulation skills using Excel – 3+ years of experience
– Experience with Cloud technologies (e.g., Microsoft Azure) is an asset.
– Strong understanding of IT service management processes and frameworks (e.g., ITIL). Experience with IT service management tools such as ServiceNow is an asset.
– Experience with Agile, Scrum, and Azure DevOps
– Must be detail-oriented with a solid reputation of producing high quality deliverables.
– Excellent interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills.
– Ability to work effectively in a self-directed manner and also as part of a project team.
– Ability to effectively handle ambiguous, ad hoc tasks and changes in direction and priorities in response to unexpected events and circumstances.
Degrees or certifications:
– A recognized undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology or equivalent