Work Order Requisition ID: BNSJP00010163
Work Order Requisition Title: Senior Data Architect
Location Address: Toronto
Duration: 6 months
Story Behind the Need
Business group: Enterprise Software Engineering and Architecture team is seeking an API & Microservices Design Lead to support the Plato Organization.
This team is leading APIs, Microservices and Banking-as-a-services (BaaS) engineering, architecture and governance in PLATO.
This role is responsible for API data modelling design and self-serve API design tooling development, and provides oversight and governance on all enterprise BaaS and API data modeling design.
This role will ensure all API models and design toolings in support of enterprise API, Microservices and BaaS architecture and the director’s mandates.
PLATO is a development platform, which drives velocity, service enablement and reusability. It’s an integrated set of technical products encapsulating critical enterprise capabilities, automated processes, and social architecture to enable high-velocity application development. The PLATO team is comprised of engineers, problem solvers, agilests and creatives in roles such as Enterprise Platform Engineering and Architecture, Enterprise Data Services, Cloud Infrastructure and Architecture, Product Engineering, and Product Management. Together, the team provides the platform that enables the Bank to deliver transformative experiences to customers.
Typical Day in Role
1. Lead and create API data models for APIs, Banking-as-a-services (BaaS) and Microservices based on industry common data modeling standards including FSLDM, ISO20022 and etc.
2. Create and develop enterprise API design toolings for offering self-serve API design with automated validation and embed governance.
3. Lead the creation and maintenance of all legacy/new Swagger 2.0 and Open API 3.0 documentation repository following industry version control process and standards.
4. Lead the integration of all Swagger and Open API 3.0 documentation with API management portal.
5. Collaborate and review the Business Capability Model for creating re-usable APIs and BaaS across enterprise.
6. Lead discussions between domain experts to extract the necessary information to develop an accurate model.
7. Create and publish API design principles, patterns, architecture and contribute to API design planning/strategy/roadmap.
8. Quickly grasp new domains and translate them into scalable, cacheable, performant and secure API schema.
9. Work as part of fast paced innovation/development teams to design new APIs and BaaS with agility and velocity.
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1) Data Modelling (5+ years experience with FSLDM and ISO20022)
2) API design ecosystem (5+ years experience creating and developing enterprise API design with Swagger, Open API, RAML, YAML, Smart Doc, API Gateway and API Portal)
3) HTTP REST APIs (5+ years experience)
4) Dev Ops (5+ years experience with Jenkins & Docker)
5) JSON (5+ years experience creating JSON schemas)
6) Leadership (3+ years experience leading team for API design/system enhancements, new releases)
7) FI/Banking Industry (5+ years experience as a Data Architect in FI/Bank)
– Prior experience as an API or backend developer.
– Modern programming language, such as ReactJS, AngularJS, NodeJS, C#, Java, Go, Python.
– Basic Agile terminology and practices such as User Stories, Backlog, Scrum, and Acceptance Criteria.
Degrees or certifications:
• Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required