Location Address: WFH (Toronto once BCP is lifted)
Contract Duration: ASAP – FY end + Good chance of extension
Story Behind the Need
• Business group: The Group is looking for data analysts to support 3 main workstreams for multiple BI Solutions being implemented at the bank.
• Project: The group is searching Data Analysts who will be joining the International banking hub and will be focused on changing the 3 main workstreams for multiple BI solutions for all CCAU (Central America, Caribbean and Uruguay)
Candidate Value Proposition
• The Successful candidate will have the opportunity to join a long term project that is leaving a large impact on how data is analyzed in international markets. Utilizing multiple BI Solutions, the contractor will gain expertise in many areas.
Typical Day in Role
• Lead the strategies of the Data Models Within Scope, where these initiatives are prioritized according to the needs of the Retail & Small Business, Cards and Corporate businesses.
• Planning (roadmap), design and execution with agile methodology in data projects.
• Technical liaison with IT Toronto to achieve the objectives of the area, where he must know the technical specifications of the Country Data solution in order to identify improvements, develop new functionalities and ensure the operation of the data model’s.
• Provides analysis and recurring/on-demand reporting related to customers and products (low-cost deposits, certificates, retail loans, business loans and credit cards) for the areas of Retail Banking, Corporate Banking, Cards, Finance, AML, Compliance, Risk, Operations, Regulatory Reporting and CRM of the English Caribbean.
• Development of data models according to the needs of the business, for the proper management of the data and the implementation of reporting.
• Provide metrics and visibility related to customers and the use of physical and electronic service channels: branches, Internet Banking, ATM, POS, Alternate Paying channels (Tpago, Pagatodo), ACH, LBTR, international transfers, etc.
• Leads a customer-centric culture for his entire team to deepen customer relationships and leverage the Bank's extensive relationships, systems and knowledge.
• Ensure the levels of satisfaction of internal customers in relation to the requirements received (delivery time, quality of information, etc.)
• Understands the Bank's risk culture and how risk appetite should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1) 3 + years’ experience with SQL solutions including implementation, setup, configuration, troubleshooting, tuning and infrastructure.
2) 3 + years’ experience with minimum 1 data analysis and visualization tool (Power BI (PowerBI), Tableau or Qlik) – will be building and customizing reports
– Fi experience is a plus (open to any industry; retail; telco etc. as long as they have big data experience)
– Knowledge of use of productivity tools (JIRA/Confluence/Bitbucket)
Management of spreadsheets and desktop database (Excel, MS Access, SQLite)
Degrees or certifications:
• Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required