Location: WFH – Toronto
Contract Duration: 6 month contract
Your Business Line: Look to ensure that we have the appropriate data controls on the data that AML Data receives.
Story Behind the Need
• Project Summary : The main function of the Data Analyst is to provide business intelligence support and supporting areas by means of both repeatable and ad hoc reporting delivery reports (charts, graphs, tables, etc) that enable informed business decisions.
Candidate Value Proposition:
Data Governance team is a great team to work with, Contributing to the building of the AML program.
• Collaborate with the implementation of the AML Data initiatives in accordance with AML Program priorities, including:
• Key initiatives required to mobilize the domain and sub-domains (Name Screening)
• Link to other new and existing initiatives within AML with heavy data requirements
• Overall view on sequencing and timing of AML data initiatives
• Manage data initiative activities to completion, ensuring that the projects are delivered on time, on budget and in alignment with requirements:
• Source and data elements identification, data profiling, root cause analysis, issue management.
• CDE and ASD registrations
• Conduct data lineage from source to target, including data flows
• Conduct data mapping activities
• Contributes to the mobilization of AML Data domain by leading the implementation activities included in scope of the AML domain and sub-domains such as:
• Identification of data elements and critical data elements
• Definition of data requirements including business, technical and operational metadata, implementing data quality controls and processes
• Ensure requirements are clearly, accurately and thoroughly documented and understood
• Identification and tracking of data quality issues for data belonging to the AML domain
• Execution of data remediation plans with the appropriate team (e.g., frontline owners of applications, IT&S) as required
• Connect into initiatives within AML with heavy data requirements (e.g., Name Screening):
• Understand what data is required and ensure availability
• Ensure standard definitions across data elements and across CB, IB, and GBM
• Ensure quality of data
• Analyze large data sets in conjunction with data dictionaries, system documentation, and end user documentation to understand business context and translate into data requirements from an enterprise AML Program perspective
• Perform data profiling and analysis of data sources to assess data availability, data completeness and data quality to ensure AML data requirements are continually satisfied
• Create unique transaction classifications based on information received from various sources
• Create Data Quality Management Requirements based on the elements needed for the rule’s implementation and measure data quality in accordance with the data quality strategy.
• Leverage enterprise data governance tools to ensure detailed data lineage and data transformations through liaison between business stakeholders and IT partners
• Perform post implementation verification to ensure AML data requirements from data sources have been accurately and successfully captured in target data models/schemas
Qualifications/Must Have skills:
1. +5 years of experience in delivering complex data solutions
2. +5 years of experience and knowledge of AML business solutions / processes.
3.+ 5 years of experience writing production dataset in SQL, Python
4. At least 1 year of experience /understanding of Oracle-Mantas, Fircosoft and Hotscan
5. Familiar with data management and domain structure
6. Ability to translate business requirements into high level technical requirements (mainly as it relates to data)
7. Strong ability to communicate with stakeholders across functions and at all levels (BU, IT, Ops)
8. Ability to conduct quality reviews and provide constructive feedback when required.
9. Excellent analytical skills
Nice to have:
Strong Project management experience
• University degree in Engineering, computer Science or related field