Location Address: WFH (Toronto)
Contract Duration: 1 year
Story Behind the Need
• Business group: The group has built a custom dashboard from Power BI that is in operation but requires updates and optimizations as it in production. The group has a new need for a strong Power BI Developer to maintain this dashboard.
• Project: The Data Analyst is supporting multiple projects for the group and will need to have a strong understanding of the EDL and business processes.
Candidate Value Proposition
• The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work on gaining exposure to multiple bank streams and utilizing new technology. The individual is comfortable working with business and technical staff ensuring systems are designed and maintained according to enterprise architectural standards. Collaborating with team members, they will utilize agile best practices and metrics to build high quality technology solutions in line with the product's vision.
Typical Day in Role
• Work with senior team members (architects, developers, testers) to develop and implement data solutions for finance reporting systems
• Turn business requirements into data model and generate source to target mapping and other technical documentation (data transformations, design and operational support documentation)
• Analyze data in both Financial Systems and Big Data environments.
• Support senior team members through research assignments and proof of concepts
• Demonstrate a passion for problem solving and data presentation technologies
• Pursue enterprise learning opportunities to develop and mature your skills in the big data space
The ideal candidate for this role will be highly motivated, have had exposure to Business Intelligence tools.
• Advanced level SQL design / reporting / data mining experience
• Report development and support for internal and external customers; including executives analytical minded skillset
• Provide analytical support to company leadership by providing ad-hoc analysis and data trouble shooting support
Must have Skills:
1. 3 + years’ years minimum advanced experience with Power BI (creating, updating as needed)
2. 5 + years' minimum experience data analysis, data mapping, source target mapping into EDL using Hadoop or Hive
3. 5 + years’ experience reading and writing SQL Queries
4. Excellent communication skills to clearly articulate needs to business users in a clear, concise manner (maybe working closely with BA for documentation and will be analyzing problems regularly)
• Excellent business/technical written and oral communication skills.
• Must have excellent analytical, problem-solving, and troubleshooting skills to quickly and effectively solve problems in a dynamic and demanding environment.
Nice to have:
– Financial Industry experience
Degree / Certifications:
– Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related discipline.