Contract Duration: 5 months
Location Address: WFH, Toronto
• Business group:
Enterprise data office manage data governance for all business lines.
Story Behind the Need
• Project Summary: The main function of the Data Analyst is to provide business intelligence support and supporting areas by means of both repeatable and ad hoc reporting delivery reports (charts, graphs, tables, etc) that enable informed business decisions.
Typical Day in the role:
– Using MS Teams and Skype to interact daily with teams
– Following agile methodology.
– Daily Stand up Sprint meetings
– Assigned daily tasks, touch point meets with management to update status
– Helps with the process of profiling data and ETL logic for documenting end to end data flow and lineage from capture at source, to storage, to delivery and its business intent at each stage (i.e. capture, transformation, fragmentation, editing)
– Working with the delivery and Data Architect teams on identifying data sources, mapping data flows, outlining data and payload models, clarifying transformation logic and influence and execute data model development.
– Responsible for translating customer requirements into an architecture and design that will ultimately constitute the blueprint for the solution.
– Key requirements will be on identify the correct sources of International Banking Data and working with Data Office teams to build standardized data models.
– Work with business users and subject matter experts to conduct needs analysis, gathering, validating, and refining business requirements.
– Use sound agile development practices (code reviews, testing, etc) to develop and deliver data products
– Work with other engineers to brainstorm solutions to problems and support others in their goal
– Exhibit sound judgement, keen eye for details and tenacity for solving difficult problems.
– Use strong analytical skills and support use of data for sound decision making and Translate business needs into technical requirements
– Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
– Profile and analyze source data to determine the best reporting structures to build.
– Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
– Conduct dimensional modelling, metadata management, data wrangling, data cleaning and conforming, and warehouse querying.
– Champions a high performance environment and contributes to an inclusive work environment.
Qualifications/ Must have:
1. 5+ years of experience building data on premises and cloud warehouse solutions
2. Skilled ETL knowledge with a high degree of proficiency in working with both structured and unstructured data, including collating disparate data sets from many sources
3. A Spanish speaker would be preferable as they will have to deal with customer in local countries of Latin America. Having experience working with cross functional teams in highly geographically diverse backgrounds is a requirement.
4. 5+ years of experience profiling data and ETL logic for documenting end to end data flow and lineage from capture at source, to storage, to delivery and its business intent at each stage (i.e. capture, transformation, fragmentation, editing)
5. 5+ years of hands on development experience of end to end ETL feeds using Talend (or similar) and related Java components.
6. 5+ hands on Experienced with standardizing, normalizing or de-normalizing data sets. Automation, Scalability, and Documentation are front and foremost in your thought process.
7. Experience with programming languages such as R, Python and SQL
Nice to Have skills:
1. Knowledge on Information Analyzer and Data Stage for Data
Quality / Profile testing would also be an asset
2. Past bank experience
3. 5+ years of experience prior experience in operational risk, regulatory compliance risk, AML/ATF risk and/or conduct risk. Has demonstrated prior responsibilities under Operational Risk Management Framework, Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Framework, AML/ATF Global Handbook and the Guidelines for Business Conduct
4. 2-5 years within AML environment within FI or Banking