Contract Duration 04/19/2021 to 11/30/2021 – 7 month duration + extension
Location Address: WFH, Toronto
Support the finance team for all financial projects and implementing PeopleSoft GL. Investigate many accounting and financial reporting issues, implement and onboard the new General Ledger, provide support onwards and assist in any journal entries if needed.
Story Behind the Need
• Project Summary
This contractor will be doing a lot of data validation and reconciliation between two sources. After validation, they will need to perform data conversions into new trust fields for the new system.
The Driving force is coming from Regulatory updates that need to be incorporated into PeopleSoft GL.
Candidate Value Proposition –
This role is a bit of technology and accounting which is interesting. You need to use to accounting principle knowledge and technical expertise to do the work. For the right fit, we have the possibility to convert to FTE. This position will be working with a lot of different teams within technology and finance, giving good exposure to multiple business groups and channels.
Candidate Value Proposition
• The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work on gaining exposure to multiple bank streams and utilizing new technology. The individual is comfortable working with business and technical staff ensuring systems are designed and maintained according to enterprise architectural standards. Collaborating with team members, they will utilize agile best practices and metrics to build high quality technology solutions in line with the product's vision.
Typical Day in Role
• Work with senior team members (architects, developers, testers) to develop and implement data solutions for finance reporting systems
• Turn business requirements into data model and generate source to target mapping and other technical documentation (data transformations, design and operational support documentation)
• Analyze data in both Financial Systems and Big Data environments.
• Demonstrate a passion for problem solving and data presentation technologies
The ideal candidate for this role will be highly motivated,.
• Advanced level SQL design / reporting / data mining experience
• Advanced level in ACL data scripting experience
• Provide analytical support to company leadership by providing ad-hoc analysis and data trouble shooting support,
Must Have Skills:
1. 8 + years' minimum experience data analysis, data mapping,
source reconciliation, source target mapping and conversion
with SQL or ACL (ACL Preferred) for Financial Data/
2. 5 + Previous Banking FI experience
3. 5 +years of experience with GL Experience (PeopleSoft
4. 5 + years of experience with data modeling, metadata and
working with data for both structured and non-structured
data proven through recent Financial Accounting Data
5. Excellent communication skills to clearly articulate needs to
business users in a clear, concise manner
1. CPA would be an asset
Degrees or certifications
Associate degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required