Contract Duration: 5 months (until 10/31) + extension to Nov 2022
Location Address: WFH
Story Behind the Need
Project: The Customer Data project is one of the exciting and ambitious reference data projects that the client has undertaken. The Customer Data project started in the U.S. and then gradually rolls out to the other global regions in the bank. Reference data project – strategic project for the bank (multiple programs will depend on this)
The purpose of the Customer Data Project Manager is to oversee project delivery and manage the various workstreams and key resources to program completion. The role will sit within the Business Organization involving a close partnership with the Data Governance Office and the Technology.
Candidate Value Proposition
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work on other projects based on their performance and engage with senior stakeholders as they navigate through a Hybrid Agile workflow.
Typical Day in the Role:
The Customer Data Project Manager will be responsible for collaboratively partnering with the Data Governance Office, relevant Business and Technology Stakeholder Groups to deliver the global roll out of the Client Central solution for the Customer Data Program.
Tasks include, but are not limited to:
– Detailed program, project, workstream and sprint planning for the various phases of the program.
– Accurate and timely reporting to Technology, Data Governance, and Project Management Office governing bodies. Communicating and reporting on the project’s status and progress.
– Oversight of project resources. Being the point of escalation for the project resources for the removal of any hurdles; issue resolution and risk mitigation that threaten the progress of the project duration.
– Managing and maintaining the relationships made with all Client Central stakeholders.
– Design and develop strategies, standards, and procedures to evolve and support the use of Client Central for various business functions in the organization. Facilitate the adoption of Client Central in other larger strategic programs and management of the adoption roadmap. Act as key point of contact for the project in related programs’ reporting and management forums.
– Being the first point of contact within the organization for the project delivery and key artifacts.
– Frequent interaction and artifact collection for local and enterprise Project Management Offices
– Facilitating responses to internal audit and regulatory bodies as related to the project
-Understands the customizations required by the vendor or in-house solution and documents the requirements while striving for as much standardization as possible to avoid any unnecessary fragmentation.
– Facilitates discussions between project Partners to identify and implement “best practice” approach for documentation in relation to the Customer Data Solution, and ensuring the Technology owned documentation is produced.
– Oversees testing approach and specific test scenarios together with Data Acquisition team and contributes to test plans being drafted by other business analysis team members.
– Oversees testing performed by business analysis team members in coordination with Development and User teams, as appropriate.
– Owns the documentation of detailed functional, technical, and data mapping specifications, working with the business to analyze their business requirements and in return, providing technical expertise and producing functional design/stories for any application additions, changes and modifications.
– Applies financial and technological knowledge to researching, analyzing and ultimately resolving problems using technology solutions in a high-pressure environment.
– Exhibits excellent writing, communication skills, and organizational skills, works simultaneously on various projects, and takes ownership of engagements.
– Champions a high-performance environment and implements a people strategy that attracts, retains, develop, and motivates their team by fostering an inclusive work environment, communicating vison/values/business strategy and managing succession and development planning for the team.
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1. 5-10 years’ experience in in leading a large-scale Data and Technology implementation and data governance programs at a financial institution. ($5-10 million)
2. Knowledge of Data Governance standards and best practices, specifically with regards to Customer Data preferred (3-5 years of experience)
3. Capital Markets Knowledge – need to be well versed and understand the different modules and different products (3 – 5 years’ experience)
4. Significant experience with the system development project lifecycle (SDLC) on the business side.
5. Required Experience With: JIRA, SharePoint, MS Project, MS Project Suite (Excel, PPT, etc.)
Nice to Have
– PMP certification preferred
1) Proven ability to work in a team environment and develop and manage relationships and to speak to all levels of the organization.
2) Good technical foundation in being able to understand and dissect problems during the project that may have an underlying technical root cause and working with more technically based teams to resolve them.
3) Experience with Agile techniques required, including writing epics and stories
4) Strong written and interpersonal communication skills.
5) Strong attention to detail and excellent documentation skills.
6) Strong influencing and negotiating skills.
7) Confident and self-motivated individual with a proactive approach.
8) Ability to learn new technology applications and process techniques quickly.
Degrees or certifications:
A recognized under-graduate degree in Business, Mathematics, Computer Science or a related discipline.