Job Title: Critical Incident Manager
Location Address: WFH (Scarborough)
Contract Duration: 6 months
Team is accountable for implementation of industry best practices at enterprise level to bring consistent execution of process.
Typical Day in the Role:
• You’ll be responsible for driving the recovery of critical incidents, managing business and IT stakeholder’s communication, will work with Subject Matter Experts to identify ongoing risk’s and devise a plan to mitigate those risks. While this is not a shift-based role, you are required to be available 24×7 to handle any major outages during your designated on-call week.
• You will join the highly skilled Incident team, which has been spearheading IT stability by delivering consistent results and winning the confidence of business as a trusted partner for all critical outages.
• You are responsible to collaborate with various support teams and vendor partners to device the shortest resolution path by establishing strong command and control over the bridge.
• You are responsible for sending consistent and timely communication to business and IT stakeholders.
• You are responsible for conducting post incident reviews and drive the teams to identify root cause, lessons learned and a plan to prevent a reoccurrence of similar incident.
• You will provide improvement opportunities in the existing enterprise process.
Must Have skills:
1. 3- 5 years of Critical Incident management experience in supporting complex IT environment in a larger organization. Banking & finance experience is an added advantage.
2. 3 – 5 years of experience in handling incident bridges involving support teams from multiple geographies.
3. Excellent communication (verbal/written/presentation) skills (The ability to communicate confidently and clearly on conference calls, in meetings, via email, etc. at all levels of the organization is essential – Ability to quickly and clearly communicate incident status via email in business-friendly language)
4. Resource will be comfortable working in a complex, fast paced environment by demonstrating strategic thinking, weigh risks, and apply sound judgment to choose right solution
5. Strong ability to set priorities, pursue multiple threads at the same time, plus can accurately reflect current state and drive towards resolution.
A post-secondary education in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Sciences, or equivalent is
Nice to have skills:
– You are ITIL Foundations certified (ITIL V3, 2011 or V4).
– Global exposure working with teams