Location Address: WFH (once on site – once a week at Scarborough) – open to fully remote candidates
Contract Duration: 9 months – end date Dec 16, 2022
Number of Positions: 1
Schedule Hours: 8:30-5, Mon-Fri
Reason: Mat leave coverage
Story Behind the Need
Business group: Vendor Management – Operations – Vendor management team supports business units within operations for collection of suppliers and supplier contracts.
Project: The role will manage vendor/supplier relationship(s) through all stages of the contract and vendor lifecycle, in alignment with relevant BNS frameworks/methodologies, and with business and enterprise objectives. Role specifically relates to print providers, sub-commercial prints, as well as a marketing and branding platform.
Candidate Value Proposition:
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to gain exposure to vendor management within of the big 5 Canadian banks and contribute to the goal of becoming a paperless organization.
Typical Day in Role:
• Responsible for building, maintaining, and enhancing relationships with vendors and internal stakeholders (such as leadership and end users). This role serves as liaison to the business.
• Tasked with ensuring business requirements align to specifications and priories, and they are also tasked with arbitration with vendors, and responsible for their Vendor’s Risk, Performance, Financial and Contract obligations.
• Provide leadership, direction and coaching to stakeholder teams(s) while partnering with business and executive stakeholders within a line of business
• Assigned to manage one or more vendors and interact with various stakeholders that receive the products and services from that supplier
• Work on digitization strategies and actions to reduce print, and move to a paperless environment
• The role is a combination of managing suppliers to ensure they are delivering, and monitoring suppliers to ensure their adherence to contractual obligations, performing, and being the relationship liaison with them, as well as working internally and with the suppliers to digitize to become a paperless organization
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1) 5+ years of experience as a contract analyst – experience in vendor/contract management
2) Experience with MS Office Suite applications
1) Experience in Commercial printing
Soft Skills Required:
• Organized, self motivated, and can interact well with other stakeholders
• Self-project management and analytical skills – can analyze data to support actions to move to paperless environment
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, attention to detail, negotiation skills and interpersonal skills
Candidate Review & Selection
1 round with HM and 1 team member – 1 hour video interviews
Hiring Manager’s availability to interview: ASAP