Job Title: Configuration Manager
Duration: 6 months
Story Behind the Need
• Business group: Global IT Asset Management group is seeking a Configuration Management Database (CMDB) Librarian. They will prepare CMDB roll-out training documentation, conduct training and orientation sessions to the bank ServiceNow user group. They will be responsible for the day-to-day running of the CMDB process, and coordinate for process audits by preparing the suitable audit snapshot reports.
Typical Day in Role
-Be responsible for maintaining information about IT hardware and software IT assets, in order to report on the value and ownership of financial assets throughout their lifecycle, and to determine key attributes and relationships between assets.
-Assist in the identification of assets and configuration items (CIs).
-Maintain all attributes associated with CIs.
-Accept receipt and record new or revised configurations into the CMDB.
-Assist in conducting configuration audits and coordinate with Technical Service Owners to -correct issues and identify opportunities for process improvement.
-Work with Technical Service Owners and Subject Matter Experts to build relationships between assets and ensure the accuracy of the CIs within the CMDB.
-Assist the Configuration Management team to prepare the Configuration management plan.
-Collaborate with IT Owners and Change Management in the assessment of what CIs are impacted by a Change to a service.
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1) CMDB (5+ years experience with ServiceNow components, Asset management, Service Catalog, Incident/Problem/Change Management, etc.)
2) Audit (5+ years performing audits of hardware, configuration items, as needed to maintain accuracy within the CMDB as well as monitoring and managing exceptions to CMDB policies)
3) ITIL v. 3 Foundations certification
Degrees or certifications:
• Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required
Candidate Review & Selection
• 2-Step Process: In-Person Interview