Compliance Analyst x3
Location Address: WFH – open to fully remote candidates
Contract Duration: ASAP until Oct 31, 2022
Number of Positions: 3
Schedule Hours: 8:30-5, Mon-Fri – possibility for hours outside of regular business hours
Reason: Additional workload
Story Behind the Need
The GBM&T Compliance – Global Central team provides support to Global Banking & Markets (GBM) and Group Treasury (GT) Compliance programs globally, working with GBM and GT senior management teams and their first line of defence teams, GBM&T Compliance regional teams, different Enterprise Compliance teams, and various other stakeholders within the bank.
Project: This project within Compliance is part of a transformation initiative for monitoring, for GBM and Treasury. The contractor would help populate the inventory template to record specific information for monitoring activities that the bank’s first line of defence and compliance teams are engaged in.
Candidate Value Proposition:
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to gain experience within Global Banking & Markets, as well as Treasury Compliance and have a chance to network with senior and international stakeholders within one of the big 5 Canadian banks.
Typical Day in Role:
• Assist in the Compliance Transformation initiative for Monitoring for Global Banking & Markets and Group Treasury by completing assigned compliance monitoring activity inventory
• The incumbent achieves the above through identifying required information: a) in relevant compliance procedures and other documents, and/or b) through discussions with monitoring activity owners from various first line of defense and Compliance units.
• Review relevant documents, comparing them against what is requested on the template to identify and populate it back; for any missing information (not in the documents but required in the template), will need to go back to activity owners to discuss and get the necessary information.
• Effectively and accurately populate information – though the activity owners are responsible for accuracy and completeness of template, the contractor will be assessed on how well and effective they populate the inventory template, and how they interact with the stakeholders.
• Collaborate with various levels of stakeholders (various levels including senior, international) to ask the right questions to get the necessary information. The ability to summarize and articulate feedback from stakeholders in a succinct manner is required in this role.
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1) 3-5 years of experience in compliance, preferably within the Financial Services Industry
2) Demonstrated understanding of compliance (and related procedures) documents and ability to identify requested information quickly and precisely
3) Demonstrated experience in effectively communicating with and managing multiple stakeholders
4) Strong skills in Microsoft Suite – Excel, Word and Power Point
1) Experience in writing compliance related documents, or reviewing/interpreting compliance regulations in an advisory role
2) Experience in Global Banking & Markets, and/or Treasury, first line of defence or compliance roles
3) Basic understanding of the difference between Compliance independent testing, surveillance and monitoring
4) Experience / background in project management
5) Previous experience using Visio
Soft Skills Required:
• Strong communication skills – written and verbal
• Excellent analytical, problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
• Ability to work independently and within a team
• Strong organizational, and interpersonal skills, including but not limited to prioritization, effective time management, and conflict management
• Self-motivated, results driven, and the ability to work with tight timelines: Need to relentlessly follow-up to ensure successful identification of in-scope activities to complete the task in time
• Ability to communicate with all levels of stakeholders
Bachelor's degree- in business, legal, or a related field
Best vs Average Candidate
Ability to demonstrate they have the technical skills to be able to comprehend / process documents quickly; have strong soft skillset to be on top of stakeholder management; someone with specific compliance monitoring experience.
Candidate Review & Selection
1-2 rounds – Panel interview with HM and team members – 1 hour video interviews
Hiring Manager’s availability to interview: ASAP