Location Address: Hybrid (1/2 days a week) – WFH & Toronto – open to fully remote candidates if excellent profile
Contract Duration: 8 months – May to Dec
Number of Positions: 1
Schedule Hours: 8:30-5, Mon-Fri
Reason: Additional workload to clean up system – remediation and reconciliation
Story Behind the Need
Business group: The GBM&T Compliance – Global Central team provides support to Global Banking & Markets (GBM) and Group Treasury (GT) Compliance programs globally, working with GBM and GT senior management teams and their first line of defence teams, GBM&T Compliance regional teams, different Enterprise Compliance teams, and various other stakeholders within the bank.
Project: This project is part of a remediation initiative focuses on the obligations and controls mapping for Extra Territorial Regulatory Requirements for non-Home Jurisdictions Libraries within GBM and Treasury. The contractor would be responsible to populate the mapping templates and upload to the respective libraries with key stakeholders’ consent and ensure completeness and accuracy of all identified Extra Territorial requirements are uploaded to all impacted libraries.
Candidate Value Proposition:
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to gain working experience with the GBM&T Compliance teams in different regions, and across different business lines, and have a chance to network with senior and international stakeholders within one of the big 5 Canadian banks. It is also a great working opportunity to gain experience to work with relatively complex extra territorial regulations like Volcker and Dodd Frank Title VII.
Typical Day in Role:
Works with key stakeholders, including the Center of Excellence teams, and regional Compliance teams to populate the mapping templates and upload the obligations to respective libraries.
• Works closely with the First Line of Defense (i.e., control owner) to map the appropriate controls to the impacted units.
• The incumbent achieves the above through identifying required information: a) in relevant compliance procedures and other documents, and/or b) through discussions with different key stakeholders, including Center of Excellence Compliance teams, regional compliance teams, Enterprise Compliance teams, technology support, and other impacted Business Line Compliance and/or Business Line Internal Control teams.
• Identify technical issues during the mapping and uploading exercise and resolve the issues with technical support team to ensure the required records are uploaded successfully in the system.
• Effectively and accurately populate information – though the activity owners are responsible for to provide the mapping information, the contractor will be assessed on how well and effective they populate and upload the mapping templates and complete the upload, and how they interact with the stakeholders; and help in disassociating existing mappings and remapping using templates
• Collaborate with various levels of stakeholders (various levels including senior, international) to ask the right questions to get the necessary information. The ability to summarize and articulate feedback from stakeholders in a succinct manner is required in this role.
• Help prepare materials (decks) for presentation to stakeholders
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1) 3-5 years of experience in Compliance, preferably within the Capital Markets industry (in regulatory space preferred) – see additional notes for further info
2) 2+ years’ demonstrated experience in effectively communicating with and managing multiple and international stakeholders
3) Strong skills in Microsoft Suite – Excel, Word and Power Point
4) 2+ years of working experience with IBM Open Pages
1) Compliance or 1st line working experience in extra territorial regulations, specifically for Volcker and Dodd Frank Title VII.
2) Experience / background in project management
3) Previous experience with data mapping and processing
Soft Skills Required:
• Strong communication skills – written and verbal
• Excellent analytical, problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
• Ability to work independently and within a team
• Strong organizational, and interpersonal skills, including but not limited to prioritization, effective time management, and conflict management
• Self-motivated, results driven, and the ability to work with tight timelines: Need to relentlessly follow-up to ensure successful identification of in-scope activities to complete the task in time
• Ability to communicate with all levels of stakeholders
• Ability to resolve technical and system-related issues related to the mapping and uploading with technical support independently.
Bachelor's degree- in business, legal, or a related field
Best vs Average Candidate
Ability to demonstrate they have the technical skills to be able to implement and conduct mapping template and upload to system quickly; have strong soft skillset to be on top of stakeholder management; someone with Regulatory Library management experience for extra territorial regulations, especially in Volcker and Dodd Frank Title VII.
Must Have 1) Compliance experience to include demonstrated understanding of compliance (and related procedures) documents and ability to identify requested information quickly and precisely
Candidate Review & Selection
1-2 rounds – Individual or panel interview with hiring manager and team members – 30-45 minutes video interviews
Hiring Manager’s availability to interview: ASAP