Typical Day in Role:
• Participates in a customer focused culture throughout the team to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems, and knowledge.
• Works closely with counterparts in Global Compliance and Corporate Functions to share best practices, avoid silos, and ensure consistency and alignment to the Global Compliance Framework
• Participates in the execution of the Compliance program in co-ordination with the Corporate Functions & International Banking Compliance teams. This includes building and maintaining new regulatory libraries, conducting training & awareness sessions, reviewing the quality of controls documented in Regulatory Library Management (RLM) system, analyzing and updating the mapping of taxonomy, obligations & controls in RLM, interaction with management, conducting independent monitoring based on Compliance standards, identifying and escalating non-compliance and providing ongoing reporting to IB & CF Compliance management.
• Maintains a comprehensive understanding and ongoing monitoring of the regulatory library and control mapping project and other key risk initiatives. This includes participation in working groups and other oversight processes.
• Collaborates with the rest of the IB&CF Compliance and country Compliance teams to ensure Global Compliance has a coordinated, efficient and effective Compliance Program.
• Understands how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
• Participates in an environment in which his/her team pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations, including but not limited to responsibilities under the Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Framework, Privacy Risk Framework, and the Code of Conduct.
• Any other duties as assigned.
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1. 3-5 years of relevant experience as a compliance analyst in a large financial services institution, management consulting firm, or at a regulator
2. Strong proficiency in Microsoft products and Excel (pivot tables, V-lookup)
3. Practical understanding of regulatory and industry trends
4. Solid knowledge of local and international regulatory agencies, and regulatory frameworks in Canada
1.Fluency in Spanish
2. Previously worked for a regulator
Soft Skills Required:
• Strategic thinking and ability to conceptualize and operationalize effective and innovative solutions to meet regulatory requirements
• Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
• Strong communication and presentation skills
• Able to balance multiple projects and competing priorities
• Able to work in a fast-paced environment
• Must be an innovative, results-oriented and highly motivated individual
Education: Post- Secondary – Accounting, Business, Law