Location Address: Toronto, Currently Work from Home
Contract Duration: 5/17 – 6 months
Story Behind the Need
Business group: Operational Risk ensures organization-level risks are identified to Executive Management and the Board of Directors, and are assessed, controlled and mitigated through risk frameworks, appetites, policies, controls, and reporting. The team is responsible for the enhancement of department practices globally in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, the role supports the continued build out of the program including establishment and delivery of program practices.
Project: – Support the overall design and implementation of an enhanced global enterprise-wide Program. To evolve and enhance the program. Ensuring that the right processes and technology are in place to store and access the records.
Candidate Value Proposition: Enhancing the program is a key priority for the bank and the program will have senior level executive oversight. The team will have unlimited opportunities to challenge themselves and make a impact by delivering strong results for the program and the Bank. Client is committed to providing meaningful on-the-job coaching to training to further bolster employee development.
Typical Day in Role:
– Support the overall design and implementation of an enhanced global enterprise-wide Program
– Review applicable regulation and identify and inventory record keeping requirements and types for business lines and corporate functions
– Support review of existing records and build inventory
– Support process and framework development for conducting program work including outcomes and guidance on how to identify Systems of Record and requirements for consultation with Compliance and Legal Counsel
– Support development of enhanced and updated records retention schedule
– Support development of the enterprise wide, comprehensive records and information management policy, supporting policy hierarchy and governance process and standards leveraging industry best practices.
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1) 4+ Years working in related projects in Risk Management, Information Management, Compliance or Legal environments.
2) Compliance testing experience – experience with interviewing stakeholders and collecting documents
3) Knowledge/Experience of the banking Industry – Records Management Requirement experience is preferred.
4) Excellent communication, relationship, and project management skills
1) Bilingual in Spanish
2) Experience in Enterprise Risk roles, compliance, legal would be an asset.
3) Experience conducting Records Inventories is an asset.
4) Experience designing records management technology solutions is an asset.
Soft Skills Required:
1) Leadership skills
Degrees: Bachelor of Business Administration.