Job title: Communications Manager
Duration: 4 months with possibility for extension
Story Behind the Need
• Business group: Communications & Change Management is seeking a Communications Manager for delivering change and communications support to the Global AML, KYC and Onboarding Technology team.
Contribute to the overall success of the Global AML, KYC and Onboarding Technology (TAMLO) change management and communications team by ensuring communication solutions, plans, and project support are efficiently executed and delivered in support of the team’s business strategies and objectives. Ensures all activities conducted in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures.
• Reason for request: Workload
Candidate Value Proposition
The successful candidates will have the chance to gain exposure to different departments of the Bank
Typical Day in Role
• Support the execution of TAMLO communications to advance the strategic priorities and drive stakeholder engagement by providing planned and ad hoc communications and change support, as required.
• Support day-to-day operation and management of TAMLO digital channels (including intranet and internal social media sites) by maintaining editorial calendar, researching stories, writing content, producing videos, publishing content, troubleshooting issues and designing graphics.
• Continuously measure the effectiveness of activities and seek ways to improve and innovate for increased awareness and engagement on digital channels, etc. Identify and explore new media technologies and tools across channels (e.g., newsletter, etc.).
• Plan and execute live communications events (e.g., town halls, offsites, webcasts, etc.) to support overall communications objectives and ensure a seamless event experience. Manage the event logistics, distribution lists, invitation process, RSVPs, etc.
• Provide writing support by drafting intranet articles, writing emails and preparing first drafts of key messages. Source innovative ways to promote success stories and profiling people for greater awareness and engagement.
• Maintain effective working relationships with TAMLO colleagues and collaborative relationships with communications, marketing and change professionals across the Bank.
• Be creative and bring new ideas to the table, push the boundaries of existing communications best practice and deliver new and highly effective communications
• Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
• Actively pursue effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational risk, regulatory compliance risk, AML/ATF risk and conduct risk, including but not limited to responsibilities under the Operational Risk Management Framework, Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Framework, AML/ATF Global Handbook and the Guidelines for Business Conduct.
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1) 5+ years in developing and executing communications
2) Proven verbal and written communications skills and design skills
3) Jive (website development/maintenance/enhancements)– 3+ years of hands on experience
4) Adobe Creative Cloud (All Apps including Illustrator, Photoshop and Premiere) – 3+ years of hands on experience
5) Microsoft (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio) – 3+ years of hands on experience
6) Passion for storytelling with a strong sense of initiative and creativity
7) Ability to translate complex, abstract ideas into succinct key messages that resonate
8) Team player who can effectively collaborate with coworkers and subject matter experts
9) Able to balance multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment and deadline-driven environment
10) Strategic thinker with strong time management, organizational skills and attention to detail with ability to multi-task
– HTML, Camtasia,
– Event management (run or contribute to events – townhalls for SVP meetings – remaining calm under pressure, very organized, not afraid to try something different), social media tools (Facebook)
– Fluency in Spanish
– Experience in technology communications or having PMP (Project Management Professional) certification or CAPM (Certified Associate Project Manager) is an asset
– Public Relations Certificate
– FI/Banking/Networking industry (Large Organization)
Degrees or certifications:
Bachelor's degree in related discipline (Journalism, Communication, Organizational Development, English, Business, Technology).
Candidate Review & Selection
• 1- step process: 1 in-person interview
• Interviews are to take place ASAP