Story Behind the Need
The main function of a Developer is to design, develop, and implement applications using general languages and technologies like Cobol, JCL, IMS DB/DC, VSAM, DB2, SQL to support business requirements.
• Analyze highly complex business requirements; generate technical specifications to design or redesign complex software components and applications
• Act as an expert technical resource for modeling, simulation and analysis efforts
• Leverage industry best practices to design, test, implement and support a solution
• Assure quality, security and compliance requirements are met for supported area
• Be flexible and thrive in an evolving environment
• Adapt to change quickly and adjust work accordingly in a positive manner
Qualifications of Must Have Skills:
1. At least 7 years experience required with Cobol, JCL, IMS DB/DC, VSAM, DB2, SQL
Nice to have/ Other related tech skills:
1. More Online development experience than Batch is a plus (online dev refers to different dev work conducted with the data from front-end systems that are stored in IMS/DB2 database)”
2.SAS programming is a plus
3. Experience and knowledge of Assembly programming language an asset.
Interactive program development tools (TSO experience preferred)
4. Security and environment control systems (ACF2, Endevor), Problem Management (Service Now)
5. Utilities and productivity tools (e.g. ACR, UCANDU, COMPAREX, IDCAMS, CRF, SYNCSORT, etc.)
6. Multiple operating platforms and operating systems (MVS Mainframe)
7. FI or Banking background is an asset
1. Must be fluent in English, oral and written, with excellent interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills to understand, document and share key system information with their colleagues, support groups, other technical staff, business partners and management.
2. Takes accountability for results and exhibits a “can do attitude”.
3. Self-starter with a desire to learn and contribute.
4. Has an appetite to continuously evolve and improve, to tackle difficult problems and seek/give constant feedback.
5. Embraces change and sees it as an essential driver to solve complex issues.
6. Demonstrates flexibility and can move forward without having all the answers.
• Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required