Cloud Operations Engineer x 2
Typical Day in Role:
• Manage reliability of critical infrastructure platforms on our Public Cloud Platforms (Google and Azure)
• Improve and maintain site availability, scalability, service and system performance
• Investigate system errors and problems, bottleneck analysis of the system at scale, etc.
• Provide solutions for performance management, disaster recovery, monitoring and access management
• Participate in solution design sessions
• Participate in planning and retrospective sessions, attending stand-ups, etc.
• Build and operate highly available and scalable software and infrastructure.
• Supporting application teams on the use of the platform including providing guidance on design patterns, best practices, and security considerations.
• Our teams are flexible and fast – you will be asked to provide peer review and quality control on a daily basis.
• Be part of on call rotation (occurs every 7 weeks; on call for 1 week).
Candidate Requirements/Must-Have skills:
1. 8+ years of System Administration experience and/or Enterprise Operations skills
2. 3-5+ years of experience OS Experience (RHEL 7.X and Windows 2K12 and above)
4. 2+ years of experience supporting GCP and/or Azure; and Experience with Kubernetes (GKE & AKS)
5. You have strong knowledge of Agile & Lean methodologies for requirements / design methodology
• Knowledge of software design patterns, infrastructure architecture, DevOps, or security considerations.
• Experience designing and implementing tasks in Continuous Integration systems (Jenkins, Travis, CircleCI, etc.).
• Understanding of software release process (environments, binary repositories, CI/CD).
• Experience with Tanzu (PCF), Pipelines, and other cloud development platforms
• Experience supporting containers, container orchestration platforms.
• Knowledge of network engineering – DNS, TCP/IP, Load balancing, DMZ, routing protocols, etc.
• Knowledge of Cloud security – Cryptographic key management, certificate infrastructures/PKI, secure coding practices, etc.
• Experience with Terraform
• Fluency in Spanish
• Ability to work on ambiguous problems of moderate complexity.
• Solid verbal and written communication skills.
• Attention to details, high standards for quality.
• Ability to work as part of a team, as well as work independently with minimal direction.
• Post-secondary degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related IT field is an asset.