Cloud DevOps Engineer/Architect
Typical Day in Role:
• Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
• Proven record of supporting complex IT systems with strong experience in system administration, development and operations. Develop. automation services, systems integrations and pipelines implementation for the developed products
• Strong Development background in Python, and coding Restful APIs. Developed automation and deployment utilities using PowerShell, Bash & Python
• Expert with HashiCorp tools: TFE (Terraform Enterprise) and HCP Enterprise Packer
• Configuration Management Expert preferably with SaltStack, Ansible or similar tool
• Experience with Infrastructure as a Code (IaC) delivery pipelines using CI/CD tools like Jenkins, Gradle, Git, and Artifactory
• Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
• Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas in accordance with the company’s Values, its Code of Conduct and the Global Sales Principles, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational, compliance, AML/ATF/sanctions and conduct risk.
• Champions a high performance environment and contributes to an inclusive work environment.
Candidate Requirements/Must-Have skills:
1. 10+ years of hands-on technical working experience with the development of CI/CD Tools (e.g., Git, Jenkins, Gradle, Artifactory, etc. …)
2. 5+ years of hands-on technical working experience in the use of Configuration Management & Automation tools (e.g., SaltStack, Ansible or similar)
3. 5+ years experience with Hashicorpt technologies (TFE, HCP Packer)
4. 8+ years of hands-on technical working experience with automation and scripting tools (e.g., PowerShell & Bash)
5. 8+ years of hands-on technical working experience with both Python development and coding Restful API’s
• Experience with both RHEL 7.x / 8.x administration & Windows 2019 & 2022 administration is preferred
• Working knowledge with Networking, Storage and Security concepts, technologies and operational experience is preferred
• Excellent written, presentation, and verbal communication skills to be able to work well with technical peers and business stakeholders at different levels within the organization.
• Strong decision making, forward thinking and creative problem-solving skills to anticipate and respond quickly to technological/market influences.
• Ability to work as part of a team, as well as work independently with minimal direction.
• Completion of a post-secondary education in Computer Science, Engineering or in a related technology-based stream.