Cloud Development Engineer
Typical Day in Role:
• Work with migration team and project manager by following the developed data migration checklist to migrate VMware VMs from one datacenter to another
• Manage, transition, maintain Migration Solution (e.g. VMware HCX, Platespin etc.), also Private Cloud’s vary HCI solutions (like Dell VxRail, Dell Powerflex, Nutanix), vSphere Virtualization, vRealize Suite management components and backup solutions.
• Provide Level 3 support & vendor escalations for transitioned services of the migration project
• Contribute to implementation project planning and procedure improvement
Candidate Requirements/Must-Have skills:
• 5+ years experience working with Cloud based systems
• You have at least 5+ years of data center physical or virtual machine migration experience by leveraging vary migration solutions
• You have at least 5+ years of hands-on technical working experience with the architectural and/or deployment and/or operational support of VMware vSphere Hypervisor.
• You have at least 5+ years of hands-on technical working experience with Microsoft Windows Server 2012/2016/2019 administration and/or Red Hat Linux administration 7.x/8.x.
• Technical working experience with machine backup (with one of the products: Cohesity and/or Veritas Netbackup (backup and replication)
• Technical working experience with HCI solutions (like Dell vxRail and/or Powerflex hyperconverged clusters or Nutanix HCI solution)
• technical working experience with VMware vRealize suite (including vRealize Automation, vRealize Operation Manager, vRealize Log Insight, etc…) and/or VMware Cloud Foundation
• Technical working experience with Disaster recovery and enterprise data replication technology like VMware Site Recovery Manager or other similar solution
• Hands-on technical working experience with Networking technologies and operational experience.
• You possess excellent communication (verbal/written/presentation) skills to both a business and technical audience.
• You also possess excellent customer relationship skills.
• Quick learner, persistent and able to adapt to changing situations
• Post-secondary education in Computer Science, Engineering or in a related technology-based stream.