Location Address: Toronto, WFH
Contract Duration: 5/10 – 10/29/21
Story Behind the Need
Business group: This team provides program governance, delivery and portfolio governance to launch and execute transformation and regulatory projects / programs.
Project: RIM Project – Involves enhancing global enterprise-wide Records and Information Management Program including supporting technology to store and access the records.
Focus on the people side of change derived from changes made to business processes, policies, systems, technology, roles and responsibilities, culture and organizational structure.
Primary responsibility will be creating and implementing change management strategies and plans that maximize business and employee adoption and usage of the changes, working to drive faster adoption and higher utilization while minimizing resistance.
Candidate Value Proposition: Obtain experience in large project which is a strategic initiative for the Bank – one of the 4 initiatives on the strategic road map.
Typical Day in Role:
– Contributing to the development of the strategy, strategic priorities, long term vision and plan in collaboration with the Director, Change Management and the management team
– Aligning change management’s priorities and initiatives to the Bank’s strategic priorities to effectively identify challenges and opportunities
– Assessing the change impact by conducting impact analyses, identifying key stakeholders, assessing change readiness, analyzing and preparing risk mitigation tactics; identifying and managing anticipated resistance
– Supporting the calendaring of all planning steps including change management strategy planning and business planning/alignment in collaboration with business partners
– Managing the execution and results for key change management plans by applying a structured and sustainable change management methodology in designing and leading change management activities to create a strategy that supports adoption of the changes required by the project
– Creating tools for managers and employees for implementing sustainable change to ensure effective delivery of change management strategy programs
– Tracking, monitoring and communicating the progress of initiatives against defined project milestones to ensure progress versus expectations
– Establishing a two-way communication process with project participants, senior management and all other stakeholders to maintain support, negotiate priorities and ensure the change initiatives stay on track
– Acting as the key point of contact for the project / program stakeholders in relation to change management requirements and plans
– Guiding and supporting communication efforts – i.e. the design, development, delivery and management of communications – in order to deliver a single consistent message across the organization and initiatives
– Guiding and supporting training efforts, providing input, documenting requirements and supporting the design and delivery of training programs as required
– Coordinating efforts with other specialists, including HR Business Partners, Communications, Customer Experience and Training teams
– Working with the Project Managers in establishing an overall planning process; integrating change management activities into project plans
– Guiding Change, Communications and Training teams to execute in support of the overall strategy and to achieve the desired outcomes
– Contributing to the development of KPIs; measuring success metrics and monitoring change progress
– Creating ongoing awareness and engagement through presentations to a variety of senior and other stakeholders
– Providing post-implementation status updates and support to stakeholders to ensure ongoing project success
– Champions a customer focused and strong risk culture by playing a key role in the change management process through leveraging the Bank’s relationships, systems and knowledge
– Guide other Change Management team members in delivery / execution
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1) 6 + years Change Management Experience – role will develop change management strategies, plans, processes, and tools to execute, manage change and achieve the overall project / program objectives
2) 6 + Understanding of Training needs and Training design.
3) A change management certification or designation
4) 6+ Years – Microsoft Office Suite Products Experience
5) Excellent Communication Skills – verbal and written
2) Previous FI Experience preferred or experience from a big corporation
3) Experience building digital training videos
Soft Skills Required:
1) Strategic Influencing – comfortable with senior leadership
2) Presentation Skills
Degrees: University degree in relevant field is required
Certifications: Mentioned as Must Have