The Change Management Assistant supports the Customer Experience / Operations teams with network changes, maintenance window activities, releases, third party communication. The position also assists in the coordination of release activity, fibre releases and upgrades to the system.
- University Degree or 2-year Technical Diploma in Technology.
- 3-5 yrs experience in a clerical capacity.
- Experience working in the telecom industry is preferred.
- Detailed understanding of Telecom service provider networks which may include some or all of the following (ATM, Ethernet, IP, SONET & TDM, & other Optical Equipment)
- Detailed understanding of Telecom service provider Hub, POP, & CPE standards for electronics and Power etc. – NEB’s compliance etc.
- Requires a detailed understanding of – all types of Service Provider Ethernet Transport Services (TLAN), Private Line Data Transport Services, & Internet Transport Services.
- Detailed understanding of provisioning processes in a service provider environment
- Working knowledge of Network Management systems using SNMP like HP Open View
- Exceptional organizational skills and telephone skills in an independent work environment.
- Comprehensive background using MSWord, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and scanning, spreadsheet, graphics and database software.
- Advanced level of knowledge and understanding office automation systems
- Highest level of discretion, integrity and confidentiality
- Excellent prioritization and organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Self motivation
- Able to multi-task in a fast paced crisis response environment
- Superb stress management skills
- Exceptional organizational, planning and prioritizing skills in an independent work environment.
- Excellent telephone skills – calls require tact and diplomacy.
- Gather, maintain & update the following records:
- a running copy of active circuits in all the network switches to ensure all new & cancelled circuits are reflected accurately
- customer release/change management contact information
- CDI to 3rd Party circuit ID cross-reference list
- Coordinate calendar for maintenance window activities.
- Prepare network releases using approved templates from manager or supervisor & send them in a timely manner (3 weeks minimum notice)
- Prepare network releases initiated by 3rd party providers using approved templates from manager or supervisor & send them in a timely manner (target 3 weeks notice when possible)
- Call customers directly on last minute emergency releases & individual customer circuits migrations or MACDs (Move, Add, Change, Disconnect)
- Liaise with the NOC to coordinate release windows to complete provisioning and installation work when a customer’s existing services may be impacted by a requested MACD order.
- Call or email customers to updated them on the successful completion of the release activity
- Liaise with Implementation team on high-level fiber release activities or schedule.
- Liaise with Tech Planning on high-level network builds & upgrades or their schedule.
- Liaise with 3rd party providers on their network releases & circuits identifiers.
- Respond to departmental needs on an ad hoc basis to meet customer needs on an urgent basis.
- Other duties as assigned.