Location: Toronto (WFH temporarily)
Duration: 08/23/2021 to 10/31/2021 (potential for extension)
Business group: Facilitates the adoption of new standards and tolls for data office (getting users across LOBs to follow standards).
Project: New tool has been developed to help people find data more easily across the bank. This project will encompass helping people understand the tool and developing/ providing the appropriate training. Specifically, the Change and Communications Manager is responsible for delivering transformation activities for data and analytics across the enterprise. This mandate includes providing expertise to plan and execute the change interventions and strategies to ensure the executives, people managers, and employees at all levels adopt changes introduced through data and analytics programs, projects and initiatives to advance the Bank’s objectives.
Candidate Value Proposition:
– Broad exposure across the enterprise, navigate the professional network
– Work on high visibility project where you can drive change and see the results quickly
Typical Day in the role (50% change management, 50% communications):
– Organizing regular stakeholder engagements and working closely with teams to develop the data & analytics culture change strategy, deliver on enterprise plans, and review results related to adoption of standards, processes and tools
– Managing strategic communication and integration efforts for data & analytics to articulate its value and help businesses across the enterprise be data-driven (e.g. utilize more data & analytics in business decisions and become more self-sufficient). This includes developing and reviewing content in English and Spanish.
– Partnering with key stakeholders to design and deliver data & analytics upskilling opportunities across the global enterprise to raise its knowledge and maturity
– Compiling leading-edge research on emerging trends for data, advanced analytics and AI across the financial services and consumer technology industries to identify strategic analytical opportunities in the short- and medium-term horizons
– Execute on the change roadmap, implementing the business development initiatives to raise data & analytics awareness, literacy, and usage
– Collaborate with the change management team, developing communications, training, brand awareness and requisite corporate culture change
– Contribute to a bank-wide data & analytics communications program to drive cultural change towards an analytics-first mindset and create awareness around emerging topics and trends across the industry
– Develop standard and reusable materials that can be leveraged by the department, business lines, and corporate function partners, ensuring messaging and branding is consistent and aligned across workstreams
– Contribute to the growth of the enterprise Data, Analytics, and AI Community of Practice, equipping business lines and practitioners with the tools and information required to act as effective change agents across the bank (e.g. develop a network of data professionals)
– Work closely with the broad Data Office team to build and execute creative work and strategies that will help achieve objectives such as enhancing the culture around the Bank’s data, increasing awareness, improving data capability understanding and value, and engaging business lines and corporate functions.
– Planning overall deployment (working closely with chief data office team for brainstorming, phasing out, execution)
– The incumbent is accountable for focusing on the people side of change and integration that maximize employee adoption and engagement and minimize resistance on changes related to new standards, processes, and tools.
– This individual manages key workstreams in training, communications, and stakeholder engagement to support functions across data and analytics.
– He/she is responsible for implementing a strategic framework to drive increased business usage of data & analytics across the organization.
– The incumbent works to streamline change management activities and integrate interactions across data and analytics teams to drive faster adoption, higher utilization and greater benefits realization of data and analytics outputs in the Bank.
– The incumbent interacts closely with cross functional working groups from both business and technical sides, and in-country regional sites, leveraging the business line data & analytics teams, to bring strategic alignment to the Bank’s Data and Analytics strategy.
Must have hard skills:
1. Bilingual in English and Spanish
2. 5-10 years of work experience in Change Management and communications (specifically in data & analytics or technology)
3. Demonstrated experience implementing (not just planning) Change Management initiatives and making an impact in cross-functional groups, through influence and change principles. Needs to have a solid understanding of culture change.
4. Effective execution skills to ensure the successful delivery/implementation of the change management strategy; Strong project management skills
Nice to have hard skills:
1. Previous banking experience
– Excellent communication skills with proven ability to present results and make recommendations to diverse stakeholders, including executives
– Sound and thorough knowledge in communication best practices and approaches, as well as an innate ability to ‘connect the dots’ on seemingly remote thoughts or messages
– Drive to succeed with bias towards action and ability to navigate large organizations and build collaborative relationships; Proven ability to engage and manage stakeholders in a complex, matrixed environment
– Strong curiosity to learn with adaptive and creative mindset (there will be moving parts)
Education/ years of overall experience: Post-secondary degree, a Master’s degree in Business Administration, or Analytics and AI Management is an asset