Job Posting Title: Capital Markets Java Developer
Location Address: WFH (Downtown Toronto)
Contract Duration: 6 months + good chance of extension
Number of Positions: 1 Schedule Hours: 9am-5pm
Story Behind the Need
• Business group: This GWRT – Derivatives and Structured Product Technology department is specifically focused on derivatives technology. They look after the end to end application of there in house-built trading platform.
Project: The Developer will be working on enhancing the internally built trading Derivative Applications, specifically CROP Project • Reason for request: Workload
Candidate Value Proposition
• The successful candidate will have an opportunity to leverage new technology they continue to develop systems to support our Global Capital Markets businesses worldwide.
Typical Day in Role
• Development and support of a front-office trading system used for trade booking, trade execution and pricing of derivatives trades.
• Conduct proof of concept on new technologies or solutions around Microservices.
• Participate in design discussions on scalability, performance, security, Microservices best practices.
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1) 5+ years of service side development experience with Java (min 1 year with Java 1.8) and Spring Boot (2.0) with an emphasis on REST services.
2) 5+ years of experience with developing relational databases (SQL) OR NoSQL databases (uses both – as long as contractor has exp. with one database as Advanced / Expert level it is ok) – looking to expand into this –
3) 5 + years’ experience with JSON
4) Recent Project experience with ElasticSearch (minimum 1 project)
5) Recent knowledge of Capital Markets (minimum 1 project), ideally within Product Development
– Working with another technology team, but will need to be able to communicate with different development teams
– Someone who can work independently, willing to train other junior members
– team player, someone who can work well with others and give regular updates / status of what they are doing
– Cap Markets Product knowledge is a plus – is about how they work
– Experience with Kafka, Cassandra, RabbitMQ, Redis, Kibana, Grafana, Prometheus, Logstash, Ansible, Docker will be a plus (ElasticSearch and Kafka is what they are currently using)
– Experience with Multithreading is a plus and will be prioritized
– Recent capital markets experience and front office trading applications is a plus**
– Understanding of Cloud-based deployment is a plus
Degrees or certifications:
• Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required
Candidate Review & Selection
• 2-3 Step Process: 1 Codility, 1 Microsoft Teams Interview (Technical with Development Lead), 1 potential with VP (cultural Interview) • Hiring Manager’s availability to interview: ASAP