Position: Capital Markets Business System Analyst
Location Address: WFH, Toronto
Contract Duration: 6 months
Story Behind the Need
• Business group: Supports Front Office Trading Applications, Quantitative Trading Applications, Middle office and Analytic platforms for the bank.
Project: The group has new deliverables for multiple projects in the Middle Office and Analytic Platform space. The Business Systems Analyst needs to be versatile with a strong system acumen that is complement by a foundation in understanding business workflows.
The successful candidate will participate in several projects including:
1. the migration of an Analytic platform (DB, Apps) from Oracle 12c to 19c with the associated migration of all upstream sources (ETLs, etc.) and downstream consumers. The migration project will also involve Applications porting from Solaris to Linux.
2. the redevelopment (Build 3 & 4) of the Mid-Office platform initiative which will include capabilities for facilitating Electronic Execution Services and European trade bookings as well as work to develop reconciliation comparisons for trade data utilizing the DUCO tool.
3. Participate in the publishing of listed equities and options data from new OMS/EMS trading platforms for distribution to a data platform (based on Kaftka) for enterprise consumption.
Candidate Value Proposition
• The successful candidate will be joining a high performing team that adapts to new technology and integrates for Front, Middle and Back Office applications.
Typical Day in Role
• Maps trading data from FIX protocol into common schemas for publication to Kaftka
• Leads team scrums and small projects
• Building ETLs for Post Trade Analytics (Commission reporting, product analysis, etc.)
• Analysis and sizing of efforts involved in migration project for database tables, sources, etc
• Analyzes and sizing of efforts for Application porting (Seam to Angular) – works closely with development team to address any questions associated to the port
• Works with key stakeholders within all business functions to align technology solutions with business strategies
• Gathers requirements from business units and translates those to programmers and developers
• Creates test plans, reviews schemas and when required executes test plans.
• Prepares cost-benefit and return-on-investment analyses to aid in decisions on system implementation
• Demonstrates an informed knowledge of business functions to resolve problems and capitalize on improvement opportunities
• Supports one or more highly complex business processes
• Works on multiple projects as a project team member
• Serves as a liaison between the business community and the IT organization in order to provide technical solutions to meet user needs
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1) 7 + years’ Business Analyst experience within Financial Industry (preference in Equity Institutional space)
2) 5 + years’ Recent project experience supporting Middle Office applications in Capital Markets
3) 5+Strong system analysis fundamentals
4) 1+ Works with Kaftka data mapping
5) 1+ experience with FIX Protocol
6) 5 + years’ Recent project experience creating SQL Queries
7) 5 + years’ experience with Agile projects
8) Excellent communication skills to articulate to development team, product owner and respective managers
– Recent experience with the Fidessa product will be highly prioritized – banks are currently using this application and will be highly transferrable for this assignment
– Recent experience with data mapping exercises from FIX protocol or other to Kaftka will be highly prioritized
– Scrum Training / Certifications is a plus
– Exposure to Front and Back office teams / applications is a plus
Degrees or certifications:
• Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required