Job Posting Title: Capital Markets – Business Analyst
Location: Toronto, ON
Duration: 6 months
Our large financial client is looking for a Bilingual Capital Markets Business Analyst for an interest rate transition project. Position will provide selected candidate with high visibility to a leading project at the bank. The ICCB group are the sponsors for the Benchmark Rate Reform project outside of NA.
Typical Day in Role:
– Drives the Benchmark Rate Reform ("BRR") project for International Corporate and Commercial Banking ("ICCB")
– Responsible for supporting the oversight of BRR across IB countries to ensure compliance with enterprise and regulatory
– standards, improve customer experience and Document Control Management processes for all countries.
– Acts like central coordinator for the BRR project for ICCB and provides management reporting on project status.
– Ensures legal documentation and procedures related to the BRR project are delivered accurately and on time by working with each local unit in the maintenance of a delivery schedule. Provides accurate and timely reporting to management regarding this initiative.
– Provide input to ICCB BRR team as needed in the definition of control tools, procedures and recommended action plans based on enterprise and/or regulatory requirements.
– Leads the project activities including reporting, escalation, resolution and communication of issues, risks, change requests and actions for Corporate and Commercial Banking.
– Ensures alignment of business line processes with enterprise wide standards and regulatory requirements.
– Coordinates with project owners the necessary tracking and documentation activities to meet deliverables of required Workstreams.
– Effectively documents and/or charts project status and deviation from set project plan to meet BRR deadlines.
– Drives the design, development and implementation of appropriate training programs.
Assists in other BRR-related initiatives and tasks as required by ICCB for the duration of the project.
Must Have Skills:
1) Bilingual in English and Spanish – verbal and written communication
2) 2-4 years Capital Markets Business Analyst – Experience with Derivatives, familiar with legal/business contracts, loans agreements, types of clauses.
3) 2-4 Years Project Management Skills – planning, executing, coordinating.
1) Experience/Knowledge in Benchmark Rate Reform Project
2) Experience in International Banking
Soft Skills Required:
- Communication, be able to articulate confidently to clients and Sr. Management
Bachelor's degree in finance or any related field