Story Behind the Need
• Business group: GWRT – Global Capital Markets Technology
• Project: DAS project – Revamp of interest rate swap pricing and trading system
• Reason for request: Backfill
• Senior technical business analyst with Global Fixed Income Technology team.
Typical Day in Role
• Focus on implementing business flows using a combination of vendor and in-house technology. Will be required to routinely engage with multiple groups and stakeholders – traders, sales, vendors, support, and in-house development teams. Product focus is IRS (Interest Rates Swaps).
• Post-trade integration and analysis of workflow
• Work with trading and sales desks globally to understand and document existing flows, and regulatory requirements, and map out as requirements for new platform implementation
• Work with the Global Fixed Income technology, as well as external vendors to find the best solution for implementing business asks
• Work with vendors and internal group to establish new vendor connectivity
• Work with vendor to replace user interface for traders
• Test and enable new functionality
• Engage with regulatory and audit groups to assess requirements and complete reports
• Provide support to the business and application teams
• Investigate production issues by analyzing logs and tick data
• Independently resolve complex, multi-faceted problems to meet the business needs of the Global Fixed Income Business, by applying financial and technological knowledge to the design of methodologies, models, and/or systems solutions
• Continually acquire and enhance knowledge of the Division's business strategies and policies, risk management practices and methodologies, product offerings, financial markets, financial instruments, regulatory requirements, Back Office processes, and rapidly changing technology to be able to provide effective business solutions and services to the end user business lines.
• Creating requirements documents
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
• 5+ years’ strong experience working in a relevant capacity as a business analyst
• Experience and proficiency with MarkitWire flows, and integration of MarkitWire into IRS booking systems
• Experience with IRS workflows (pricing, RFQ, Order Management, etc.)
• Experience with Capital Markets trading platforms such as Calypso, Murex, ION MarketView, Broadway, etc.
• Previous experience engaging directly with Front Office (trading and sales)
• Experience delivering projects end-to-end
• Technical user-level SQL knowledge and ability to write queries
• Log analysis
• Understanding of IRS products and market dynamics (market participants, RFQ/Trading flow, pricing, etc.)
• ION MarketView/MMI experience
• Programming experience (Python, Java, Scala)
• Experience with tick databases
• Experience designing trade stat reports
• Strong written and verbal communication
• Proactive and self-driven
MarkitWire experience is a requirement and central to success in this role. Ability to hit the ground running and be proactive in the role. Ability to act with autonomy and without micromanagement from leadership. Experience with derivative products.
Degrees or certifications:
• Bachelor's degree in a relevant field required (BCom, technical degree, etc.)