Capital Markets Business Analyst
Location Address: Flex (1 day in office), Toronto
Contract Duration: 6 months (as long as end date does not exceed October 31st, 2022)
Number of Positions: 1
Schedule Hours: 9am-5pm, Monday-Friday (7.5 hrs a day)
Story Behind the Need:
• Derivatives and Structured Trading Technology department provides technology solutions within the Capital Markets Division. The department oversees multiple technology solutions spanning from front office to back office risk. The role will be involved in the building of NMRF solution for IMA process within the Bank.
• Project: NMRF – Kubernetes technology
• Reason for request: FRTB Regulatory project
Candidate Value Proposition
• Candidate will be able to gain exposure on FRTB IMA process within the industry, gain insights on FRTB technology solutions that are highly customized. Gain exposure to niche technologies such as Cassandra, Kubernetes, AngularJS. Candidate will also gain experience working with various industry vendors(Refinitive/CanDeal/DTCC/Bloomberg) to establish key technology solutions around NMRF. Lastly, candidate will work closely with market risk modeling team in the development of the NMRF framework.
Typical Day in Role
• Works with key stakeholders within all business functions to align technology solutions with business strategies.
• Gather/build requirements on NMRF, create/design data models & data mapping into documentations. Ensure the development & implementation are on track, resolve any issues that may arise from technology implementation.
• Demonstrates an informed knowledge of NMRF functions to resolve problems, .
• Develop test cases and conduct unit, functional and integration testing for technology implementation, communicate with stakeholders to address any issues and concerns related testing.
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1) 5 to 10 + years' BA experience in financial industry, with 1-2+ years minimum within the Capital Markets industry (preferably within market risk)
2) 3 + years of experience working with Unix/Cassandra/Jira/Confluence
3) 5 + years of experience creating business / technical requirement documents.
4) Experience working on projects related to FRTB
5) Basic understanding of market risk and financial products (please refer to additional notes section)
1) Excellent communication skills, ability to work with multiple business users and project managers to build requirements and manage expectations
2) Ability to work in a fast-paced environment to work within changing requirements as the project progresses
3) Ability to excel under pressure and tight timelines
4) Able to take ownership of initiatives and issues, work autonomously to address these issues fully.
– Experience working with RiskWatch, Airflow, Kubernetes
– General understanding of Internal model approach & non-modellable risk factor from a regulatory perspective.
Best vs Average:
– Ability to work independently and be accountable for championing issues.
– Diligence is important on this team.
– Good candidate should be able to identify potential issues/assumptions within the system creation process.
– Good candidate will bring in technical expertise/experience to improve system design from a business and technical standpoint.
Degrees or certifications:
• Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Business Administration – Finance focus is required
• Masters Degree in (Econ/Fin-Eng/MBA/Comp-Sci) preferred
• Certifications: CFA and FRM designations preferred
Candidate Review & Selection
• 1 Step Process: 1 Microsoft Teams Interview
Candidate must have basic market risk knowledge – Riskfactors/Greeks/Data types(Spot/Curves/Surfaces)
Candidate should have basic understanding of financial product types (ETD) – Equities/FI/Derivatives