Capital Markets Business Analyst
Location Address: WFH – Office: Toronto
Contract Duration: 6 months
Number of Positions: 1
Scheduled Hours: 9-5 (7.5)
Extension/FTE – Yes, depending on performance
Story Behind the Need:
• Business group: Regulatory Initiatives
• Project: A Business Analyst is Required for the CFTC Rewrite Regulatory Project. The project scope includes compliance to the new CFTC rules as well as a modernization of the reporting functionality at BNS.
• Reason for request: Resources are required for the project.
Candidate Value Proposition:
• The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work in the RBI group – which delivers regulatory and business projects across GBM (Global Banking and Markets).
Typical Day in Role:
• Working with project stakeholders (operations technology compliance) to align technology solutions with business strategies
• Prepares cost-benefit and return-on-investment analyses to aid in decisions on system implementation
• Soliciting Business Requirements via working groups, email etc.
• Gathers requirements from business units and translates those to programmers and developers
• Supporting IT build where requirements clarification is needed
• Working with compliance to interpret rules
• Writing Test cases and managing test cycles
Candidate Requirements/Must-Have skills:
1. 2+ years of experience and knowledge of trade/transaction reporting regimes like CFTC, CDR, MAS, MiFID II etc.
2. 2+ years of experience in working with project delivery lifecycle
3. Deep knowledge of OTC Derivative Products
4. Expert documentation skills
5. Expert use of Microsoft products, excel, word, pptx etc.
• MBA or other related advanced degree
• Ability to work with stakeholders and drive consensus
• A high level of interpersonal and verbal communication skills necessary to relate to other people at their systems knowledge level and present to senior management
• Ability to excel under pressure and tight timelines
• Degree or education in a business or technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required.
Candidate Review & Selection
• 1 Step Process – One 30-minute MS Teams Interview with Hiring Manager