Location Address: Toronto
Contract Duration: 12 months (Possibility for extension or Convert to FTE in yr 2)
Story Behind the Need:
Business group: Provides a full range of investment banking, credit and risk management products and services relevant to the financing and strategic development needs of our clients. Products include debt and equity financing, mergers & acquisitions, corporate banking, institutional equity sales, trading and research, fixed income products, derivatives, energy, foreign exchange and precious & metals. Also cross-sell the full range of wholesale products and services offered by the Group
Project: The Business Analyst will be responsible for collaboratively partnering with the Data Governance Office, relevant Business and Technology Stakeholder Groups to help identify & document changes to the existing business processes, directives and procedures, data quality and governance standards of the Customer data program.
Candidate Value Proposition:
The candidate will have the opportunity to work on the largest data project that the bank has undertaken and be working daily with a cross functional team. The individual will be empowered to make decision on their own, and work with minimal supervision, with the opportunity to be extended for up to two years, and converted on permanently with good performance.
Typical Day in Role:
– Participate with the team in working with the business lines and internal stakeholders in understanding the client onboarding process (capital markets), regulatory framework, and developing systems and processes to ensure compliance.
– Proven ability and competency with customer data projects, technology integration experience plus understanding of regulatory reporting & customer onboarding(KYC/AML/Fenergo/Credit systems)
– Ensures business line input is provided to bridge the gap between rule requirements and current business line practices
– Work closely with the PMO Project Manager responsible for the delivery of the customer data program where Wholesale Operations (Onboarding & Static data office) is a Primary Owner of the project
– Assist in the preparation of presentation materials, and progress reports to stakeholders, including senior management
– Attend program meetings, and serve as program secretary when required
– Maintain databases and internal tools used for tracking progress, regulatory developments and documentation
– Proven ability to work in a team environment and develop and manage relationships and to speak to all levels of the organization.
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1) 3-5 years of experience with projects related to client Onboarding, data mastering, data governance standards and best practices, specifically with regards to Customer Data
2) 3-5 years of Capital Markets Knowledge and experience – need to be well versed and understand the different modules and different products (all products, FX, Loans, etc)
3) Experience working with technology related projects – data at
4) Demonstrated communication skills with internal stakeholders
– Good technical foundation in being able to understand and dissect problems during the project that may have an underlying technical root cause and working with more technically based teams to triage them – demonstrated in recent project work
– Prior experience working on a major regulatory project and/or initiative team – the project they are working on is regulatory based
– Excellent communications skills both verbal and written to work effectively with a number of different groups and
– Financial, accounting, computer literacy and excellent written and oral communication skills – will be working with stakeholders at many levels
– Considerable initiative, creativity and good judgment are necessary
– A high level of energy, commitment and a strong sense of teamwork are needed to succeed in the role
– Comfortable in dealing with ambiguity and matrix based environment
Degrees or certifications:
– University degree in business, finance, engineering and/or relevant experience