Capital Markets – Analyst/Developer
Contract Length: 6 months (opportunity for extension due to length of project
Location: WFH (if Covid Restrictions Lifted) – will be either Scarborough or GTA
Total Project Length – 2 years
Story Behind the Need: The CPCP Technology Solutions group is seeking a Senior Developer to contribute to the overall success of the CPO Technology team in Canada by ensuring specific individual goals, plans, and initiatives are executed / delivered in support of the team’s business strategies and objectives. This candidate will ensure all activities conducted are in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures.
Candidate Value Proposition:
The successful candidate will be working hands on with some of the most disruptive and emerging technologies and across the most advanced applications in the FS space while gaining exposure at a top 5 Canadian bank.
Typical Day in the Role:
– Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
– Collaborate with business in understanding requirements/needs and proposing technical solutions.
– Design and Development of an end to end solution for Core Banking Solutions (Payments, Cheque Processing etc..)
– Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas in accordance with the bank’s Values, its Code of Conduct and the Global Sales Principles, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational, compliance, AML/ATF/sanctions and conduct risk.
– Champions a high performance environment and contributes to an inclusive work environment.
Must Have Skills/Requirements:
1) 3+ years of experience in Java Spring Boot
2) 3+ years of experience working with APIs, Micro Services
4) Experience with Cloud Environment – demonstrated by 2 recent projects
– Excellent communication and teamwork skills to work with multiple groups across the bank, gathering
– Must be reliable, proactive, results-oriented, customer-focused and attentive to details.
– Must be flexible to adapt to a dynamic environment, make quick and sound decisions under pressure
– Strong organizational skills, excellent problem-solving, communication, and collaboration skills
Nice to have Skills:
– Angular, RxJs, OAuth, SOAP
– Swagger, Vault, SAAS, LESS
– SCSS, SASS, REACT, Vue JS
– Next JS, Kafka
– PCF, OpenShift, Azure, AWS, GCPT
– Working experience with mainframe systems
– Understanding of batch runs
– Financial Industry exp. is a plus