Position Title: Campaign Analyst
Duration: 1 year
Work Location: Toronto
The Marketing Analytics function within Marketing is a central source of internal and external consumer insights and data analytics which supports both corporate and business unit strategies.
The Marketing Analytics team mission is to be influential change agents and consumer advocates to help deliver the better bank and to drive shareholder return through optimizing the impact of marketing. They do this by delivering hindsight (what happened), insight (why), and foresight (future actions) on how to best reach consumers, who to target, what to say, and build intelligence on the market and competitive landscape. The group seeks to deliver excellence in analytics and insights to support short-term business success as well as long-term strategy of the bank.
The Marketing Analytics team brings together a diverse range of technical and business expertise including market research, business analytics, data science and modelling, business intelligence, data strategy and governance, data management, campaign targeting and delivery, and visualization.
The successful candidate will be responsible for Campaign Analytics supporting the growing needs of the Credit Cards team within the broader Marketing Analytics group. Marketing Analytics & Insights supports the central marketing function with high quality, innovative, and insightful information to help build value for our customers and shareholders. Marketing Analytics & Insights is a North America center of excellence located in Toronto, with satellite offices in Ottawa and New Jersey. It supports most consumer facing lines of business.
Your goal as a part of the Campaign Analytics team is to design and execute campaigns to drive acquisition, retention, engagement across personal and business banking products. If you are driven by helping stakeholders understand data, love when the latest direct-to-consumer marketing campaign results are available, and continually strive to challenge the "process status quo" to make work flows run as efficiently as possible – this is the role for you. You will be part of a cross-functional agile pod dedicated to delivering rapid testing of new and innovative strategies to help drive market share. Success in this role will be achieved by:
1. Translating key business objectives into insight rich experiments that drive marketing ROI
2. Ensuring execution (i.e., list creation) is done efficiently and with excellence
3. Designing campaign results can be actioned by providing high value campaign reporting
4. Work in a consultative role to provide "value-added" insights in the form of analysis, interpretation and advice of campaign reporting
Your success will be predicated on your ability to forge strong partnerships, communicate effectively, deliver on-time, and continuously strive for increased efficiency.
o Design/execute/measure high impact direct to consumer marketing experiments
o Continuously improve campaign design and delivery by leveraging any and all analytical tools/techniques at your disposal
o Execute with excellence
o Manage your project pipeline to ensure agreed upon timelines can be met
o Proactively provide analytical guidance to key stakeholders, based on deep understanding of the businesses, to understand and enhance marketing ROI
o Maintain a culture of risk management and control, supported by effective processes and sound infrastructure
1) 4+ yrs exp. as a Campaign Analyst (or in a Direct Marketing, Consulting, Analytics, or Agency-side role in financial services/telecom or other high volume direct marketing industries)
2) Campaign exp. (i.e. How to design, custom control ; Measure success of a campaign)
3) SAS (knowledge of: Databases & data structures; Vendors & file format requirements; How campaigns are created by leveraging customer data from internal data warehouses)
4) Unica (a brand within IBM's software group comprising multiple enterprise marketing management products)
5) Target/Strategy exp. (targeting & measurement) NOT (data execution, or reporting & models)
6) Degree in business, science, statistics, engineering, or other quantitative discipline
NICE TO HAVE:
1) Targeted Marketing exp
2) SQL – knowledge of (familiar with how models work (response models, propensity models)
3) Banking exp
4) Credit card exp.
5) Able to provide insights and analytics
6) Digital exp.
-Exp. designing successful direct marketing experiments
-Familiar with direct marketing principles (Predictive Models, Experiment Design, A/B testing, Sample Size calculations, Net Performance Measurements, etc.)
-Knowledge of how campaigns are created by leveraging customer data from internal data warehouses through the use of programming tools such as SAS
-Degree in business, science, statistics, engineering, or other quantitative discipline
o A project management mindset to help deliver on time to specifications
o Track record of delivering successful initiatives on time and on budget
o Team player while able to work independently
o Pragmatic decision maker blending a mix of intellect, experience and street smarts
o A profit driven mindset
o Technical and detail oriented