Location Address: WFH (Toronto)
Contract Duration: 1 year
Extension: Yes, based on performance and funding
Number of Positions: 1
Schedule Hours: 8:30am-5pm, Monday-Friday
Story Behind the Need
• Business group: Operations Design & Solutions
• Project: We require a developer to design, build and support web applications that enable governance and executives’ decision-making.
• Reason for request:
• The developer is required to work on a project. Funding has already been approved on respective business case.
Candidate Value Proposition
• The successful candidate will have the opportunity for exposure to business lines and gain familiarity with the business processes at the bank.
Typical Day in Role
• Design, develop, implement and maintain user-facing applications, reusable code and libraries for future use, optimized for performance and scalability
• Evaluate requirements to provide accurate assessments and effort estimations for web development tasks, based on business requirements
• Build, maintain and support existing web applications in accordance with Architectural Review Board’s and IT Security requirements
• Create multi-layer application designs, following requirements and Scotiabank’s organizational design patterns
• Testing using proper use cases to guarantee correct functionality, consistency and to support minimal organizational risks.
• Compliance with organizational policies, procedures in accordance with the Bank’s Enterprise Delivery Framework (EDF).
• Write detailed technical documentation such as application design, operational procedures and user guides.
• Develop pilots, proof of concepts and prototypes as required
• Provide reliable and timely support for systems, as required
• Problem resolutions of systems in accordance with agreed SLAs
• Guarantee code updates in the Bank’s code repository
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
• At least 5+ years of experience as a software developer working with C# .NET 3.5 or higher. Proficiency building complex web applications from end to end.
• Experience with MS SQL Server: stored procedures, functions, views, and SSMS.
• Experience with code versioning tools such as GIT and Bitbucket.
• Experience working in both traditional and agile project management settings. Solid understanding of PMI frameworks and its processes.
• Experience with Windows Server environment and PowerShell scripting is an asset.
• Experience developing Python Django applications is an asset.
• Spanish Speaking would be an asset
• Project management skills desirable
• Strong communication skills, verbal and written
Best vs Average:
• Ability to understand business complexities and translate them into technical terms to solve problems
Degrees or certifications:
• Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required
Candidate Review & Selection
• Structure and Format:
• 1st round – 1 hour panel interview with skills assessment
• 2nd round – if multiple candidates successful