Location Address: WFH, Toronto
Contract Duration: 6 months
Number of Positions: 1
Schedule Hours: 9am-5pm, Monday-Friday
Story Behind the Need
• Business group: GWRT – Derivatives and Structured Product Technology department is specifically focused on derivatives technology. They look after the end to end application of there in house-built trading platform
• Project: The Group is urgently looking for a backfill to join the ongoing Benchmark Rate reform project that focuses on regulatory project that has a hard deadline for this year.
• Reason for request: Backfill
Candidate Value Proposition
• The successful candidate will have an opportunity to leverage new technology they continue to develop systems to support our Global Capital Markets businesses worldwide.
• The successful candidate will have the opportunity to build long lasting relationships within Canadian and Global Markets. This candidate will be a key driver in ensuring testing initiatives are analyzed and maintained through the SDLC cycle.
The Derivatives Technology team is leading the way in developing modern systems to support our Global Capital Markets businesses worldwide. We are looking for creative, self-starting, results-oriented, highly motivated individual with attention to details and excellent problem-solving skills. The incumbent need to be able to multi-task and work in a fast paced and agile environment*
Typical Day in the role:
• Ability to create business solutions that increase competitive advantage
• Ability to exercise good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions
• Project management skills to handle diverse projects, often simultaneously, and meet aggressive deadlines
• Ability to solve technical problems/ processes and understand complex details
• Ability to increase operating efficiency with produce high quality technical solutions
• A high level of interpersonal and verbal communication skills necessary to relate to other people at their systems knowledge level
• Ability to analyze complex situations and problems and do the necessary research using multiple sources of information to arrive at innovative solutions
Must Have skills:
1. 5+ years’ experience with core development with C++ in Linux/GCC environments
2. 3 + years’ experience with Java development
3. Strong understanding of the SDLC cycle, with minimum 2 years’ experience
– Excellent communication skills required to facilitate requirements with multiple vendors
Qualifications: Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required. MBA or other related advanced degree preferred
Nice to have:
– Capital Markets project experience (Derivatives and Risk/ Analytics preferred) – is highly preferred and will be prioritized
– Python Development is a nice to have
– Docker / Kubernetes experience is a plus
– Cassandra is a nice to have skill
Interview process: 1-2 interview through Microsoft teams Interviews with coding assessment portion
Best vs Average: The best candidate will meet all requirements and possess the skills listed in the nice to haves.