Location Address: WFH – Office: Toronto
Contract Duration: 6 Months (10/31/2022)
Number of Positions: 1
Scheduled Hours: 9am-5pm
Extension: Possibility, depending on performance and need at the time.
Story Behind the Need:
• Business Unit: Global Analytics & Financial Engineering team
• The main function of a Developer (Other Specialty) is to design, develop, and implement applications using in-demand languages and technologies to support business requirements.
• Project: Work on fixed income distributed system and work related to benchmark rate reform
• Reason for request: To continue work on the benchmark rate reform that remains to be completed on the analytics libraries.
Candidate Value Proposition:
• The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work within one of the Top 5 Banking Institutions in Canada. You'll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders all over the globe, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world.
Typical Day in Role:
• Analyze business requirements and propose solutions for meeting those requirements.
• Development of solutions to the business requirements.
• Leverage industry best practices to design, test, implement and support a solution.
• Assure quality security and compliance requirements are met for supported area.
• Be flexible and thrive in an evolving environment.
• Adapt to change quickly and adjust work accordingly in a positive manner.
Candidate Requirements/Must-Have skills:
1) 10+ years experience of developing analytics and fixed income experience
2) Development experience in C++ language including modern versions C++11/14/17 and experience with Python
3) Hands on experience in following the iterative and agile software development.
4) Familiar with capital market trading practice and regulatory requirements
• Structured approach to testing
• Experience with development tools including Visual Studio, make, shell scripting and git.
• Excellent written, presentation, and verbal communication skills to be able to work well with technical peers and business stakeholders at different levels within the organization
• Ability to work as part of a team, as well as work independently or with minimal direction.
• Good time management and organizational skills to effectively manage high scale projects
• Demonstrated ability to be flexible/ adaptable in exercising judgment in a changing environment and to manage competing priorities
• Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required.
Candidate Review & Selection
• Initial 1st round interview – hiring manager (1 hour)
• 2nd round interview – 45 to an hour
• 3rd round interview – 45 to an hour