Job Title: Business / Technology Architect – Level 3 – Digital Procurement System (DPS) Project
Location: Toronto, ON
Duration: 6 months
A Business/ Technology Architect is required to review, update and complete architecture artefacts that will be required to move the project through the OPS project gating and enterprise architecture process.
The architect will require in-depth knowledge of I&IT cloud architecture, and will also be responsible for analyzing and documenting integrations between the future-state DPS solution and other systems (e.g. IFIS).
In addition to completing necessary architecture artefacts, I&IT architecture input will also be required for certain sections of the business case.
Specific deliverables include: Entire Business Architecture Document, conceptual Solution Architecture designs, conceptual/logical information models, Solution Requirements Document, Business Case IT sections.
- Develops, recommends, implements and manages the technical architecture (hardware, software, database and communications) which will be used for all or specific applications in a large, distributed cross-platform environment.
- Responsibilities also include the identification of relevant information and the determination of the environment, which will be used for development.
- Leadership experience in the development and implementation of technical architectures at the specified experience level
- Extensive experience with at least three different platforms, operating systems, environments, database technologies, and communications protocols
- Experience in structured methodologies for the design, development and implementation of applications
- Extensive experience in systems analysis and design in large systems environments
- Experience translating business requirements into solution designs
- Experience preparing conceptual, logical and/or physical solution and data models
- Experience developing, recommending, implementing and managing technical architecture
- Awareness of emerging technologies, trends and directions
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills; verbal and written communication skills; interpersonal and negotiation skills
- A team player with a track record for meeting deadlines
- Experience in developing enterprise architecture deliverables (e.g. models)
• Experience in developing enterprise architecture deliverables (e.g. models) based on
Ontario Government Enterprise Architecture processes and practice
• Knowledge and understanding of Information Management principles, concepts, policies and practices