Requisition Title: Systems Business Analyst L2 – Civil Admin Forfeiture Program
Location: Toronto, ON
Duration: 6 months
The Civil Administrative Forfeiture (CAF) Program requires a case management system (CMS) to help track and distribute to victims forfeited funds gained through elicit activities. The Victims Quick Response Program+ application currently supports similar business processes and it has been determined that VQRP+ can be modified to effectively support both business programs. This approach introduces opportunity to reduce development costs by building on what already exists and enables the two programs to share hosting and application licensing costs. Resources are shared across the two business programs allowing them to work within the same application for both business programs
The Justice Centers Program and the Civil Administrative Forfeiture Program projects will enhance/extend existing Microsoft Dynamics 365 applications to accommodate new processes associated with these new programs. These applications require an intuitive, responsive user experience for internal OPS users and named external users. In addition, development of cross application integration services is also a part of these projects.
The System Business Analyst L2 will be responsible for:
• Creation of functional and technical specifications for systems development, analyze requirements and help project team in solution and technical design.
• Work with the project team in completing all relevant and required documentation in alignment with OPS standards.
• Prepare test cases and perform quality assurance testing against the approved requirements
• Creation of technical specifications for systems development
• Design, implement and work with the project team in completing all relevant and required documentation in
• alignment with OPS standards
• Undertake special assignments/sub-projects as assigned
• Conduct, assess, evaluate and document stakeholder interests and business needs
• Create and validate business scenarios and use cases
• Produce visual depiction of use cases and process flows; ensure alignment with the program area and associated
• business architecture, as well as traceability to solution logical and physical architectures
• Create, review, provide input and support of Enterprise Architecture artifacts for all checkpoints as required
• Create system and user interface design and modifications (data & screen) as required
• Review all test scenarios to ensure the requirements are met; establish traceability matrix to monitor output
• Perform testing against test scenarios and record and manage defects and change requests
• Ensure alignment and adherence to Ministry of Government Services’ processes and standards
• Support the testing team during UAT testing
• Participate in Knowledge transfer
Experience and Skill Set Requirements
Skills and Knowledge:
• Requirements gathering methodology and process mapping expertise
• Ability to document and analyze business and functional requirements, lead/facilitate JAD sessions and prepare required Architecture Documentation
• Business Analysis skills and demonstrated experience to provide leadership in the creation of business and functional requirements documentation and to capture the data and information needed to document, validate and analyze business processes for the above noted initiatives
• Using the requirements gathered, the Business Analyst will create Business Cases, Business Requirements Document, other Business requirements artefacts and testing documentation
• Knowledge of complex case management applications, their workflows and functional integration with front end portals
• Knowledge of analysing requirements involving secure backend file transfers and data exchanges with 3rd party applications
• Knowledge and experience in working with business stakeholders on functional design sessions and detailed solution design sessions, negotiating on issues for production
• Knowledge and experience in building documentation towards production readiness such as support model, SLAs and checklists
• Experience in converting client requirements and functional specifications to technical design with effort estimation.
• Excellent analytical, logical and interpersonal skills. Hard working and fast learner with self-motivated personality.
• Good analytical, communication skills and ability to work independently and also perform as part of a team.
• Budgeting and forecasting
Mandatory Requirements (MUST Haves)
- Does the candidate have business analysis skills and demonstrated experience to provide leadership in the analysis and creation of business and functional requirements and design documentation and to capture the data and information needed to document, validate and analyse business processes for legacy applications being replaced
- Does the candidate have experience with traceability matrix, agile and client centric approaches
- Does the candidate possess at least 5 years of hands on experience in working with business stakeholders on functional design sessions and detailed solution design sessions, and negotiating and triaging issues for production
- Does the candidate possess at least 5+ years of hands on experience in building documentation towards production readiness such as support model, SLAs and checklists?
- Does the candidate possess at least 5 years of hands on experience in providing first level of triaging support for business and technical SMEs in identifying design gaps from testing cycles and production?