Business Systems Analyst (ITIL, Infrastructure, ServiceNow)
Position Title: Business Systems Analyst II
Duration: 6 months
Work Location: Toronto
SUMMARY OF DAY TO DAY RESPONSIBILITIES:
Our client is looking for an Intermediate Business Systems Analyst, with 3 years of experience in
ServiceNow. The candidate will be writing documents, stories and acceptance criteria and perform unit testing.
• Handle multiple projects parallel.
• Good knowledge about ServiceNow related project and provide business solutions or suggestion.
• Lead detailed system requirements phases and identify, track, and resolve business systems issues for small- to large sized projects.
• Assess, research, analyze, and document stakeholder needs, selecting the appropriate information gathering and/or modelling technique to elicit requirements.
Planning and Execution:
• Recommend business solutions that satisfy stakeholder needs, while continuously exploring and assessing options for value-add for clients.
• Ensure successful completion of project objectives with high quality, within budget, and on time by identifying risks, dependencies, assumptions and constraints, and develop and recommend mitigation strategies.
• Support Development, QA, UAT, Post Implementation Verification (PIV – if required) activities – such as addressing Dev/QA queries, provide input to test plan and test cases, conduct demos and presentations to BU and senior management as required.
• Familiar with SDLC process
• Works with key stakeholders within all business functions to align technology solutions with business strategies. Gathers requirements from business units and translates those to programmers and developers.
• Demonstrates an informed knowledge of business functions to resolve problems and capitalize on improvement opportunities
• Formulate system scope and objectives, and validate the developed requirements, testing, training and implementation of applications.
• Provide technical guidance concerning business implications of application development projects
• Work with Project Manager to determine development requirements, interfacing applications, and third party vendor solutions to meet business requirements and project objectives.
• Effectively communicate, collaborate, and build rapport with team members, stakeholders, and business unit partners using a variety of techniques.
• Develop detailed plans, gather and write user requirements and acceptance criteria, continuously improving the level of detail and accuracy of estimates and build and maintain a repository of reusable system documentation.
• Provide demo to the process owner and update the requirement based on the suggestion.
• Defect tracking and effective communication with developer.
• Guide & participate in testing activities
1. ServiceNow Knowledge: 3 years
2. Systems Analyst experience: 3 years
3. Project scheduling: 3 years
4. Unit testing: 3 years
5. Knowledge of Data Management & Analytical Skills
6. Strong oral and written communication skills
NICE TO HAVE:
2.) Working knowledge of Windows 2010
3.) Knowledge of IT infrastructure (Service Management, Asset Management, CMDB)